Welsh ladies, help with your suggestions please.. | ExpatWoman.com

Welsh ladies, help with your suggestions please..

Latest post on 23 April 2015 - 21:02

We are considering a holiday in Wales in August, but just do not know where to start. I am looking at (visitwales.com) and i am quite overwhelmed. I would appreciate some advice and suggestions. Like, what part of Wales has the best attractions? especially for children. That will be a good point to start the search!
Thanks in advance.

Latest post on 04 May 2015 - 11:49
I married a Welshman (from Anglesey) and I love Wales. Anglesey has lots of beautiful beaches (Newborough being our favourite) as well as excellent walks everywhere along the coast (The Coastal Trail). There are excellent pubs and restaurants (some already stated); I would add The White Eagle and The Black Sheep Inn). The castle in pretty, touristy Beaumaris is worth checking out. There are a number of beautiful castles in other parts of North Wales (Conwy, Denbigh, Ruddlan). Snowdonia is breath-taking. The drive alone is worth a visit. Betws-a-Coed, Dolgellau are small towns that we have visited and really enjoyed. I haven’t explored much of south Wales sadly but I hope to do that this summer with a trip to Pembrokeshire which is supposed to be stunning, and has excellent walking and hiking opportunities, mainly along the coast.
Latest post on 04 May 2015 - 10:59
North Wales is lovely...and by far the best part of Wales :D If you do go, visit Conway where there is a castle and "the smallest house in Britain", from there you can go over to Anglesey to visit Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch or Llanfair PG as it's known!! There is also the Blaenau Ffestiniog railway in Snowdonia... Gosh that brings back memories of my school trips to Conway Castle and holidays in Anglesey and Abersoch. Beautiful part of the world
Latest post on 04 May 2015 - 10:46
Although all of Wales is a fabulous place to visit, I second Love Bubbles's suggestions. Over the years I've taken my children to most of the places she's listed. Big Pit is awesome for kids as you get to go underground with your miner's helmet on. We usually head over to the St. Fagans welsh folk museum, just outside Cardiff, which is an open air museum with buildings from all over Wales to explore. Lots of castles all over the place, including Castell Coch, which is an absolute gem both inside and out. We'll be going back to the Doctor Who exhibition in Cardiff Bay again this year. If you're up in the Swansea/Tenby area look out for Anna's Mountain Zoo, which is small but delightful; the highlight is the wallaby enclosure where the wallabies take food from your hand while you pet them. This year I hope to get to the National Botanic Gardens near there too. Hope you have a fabulous time, wherever you end up!
Latest post on 04 May 2015 - 08:39
I lived in South Wales for more than 25 years and would very much recommend the area. If you have transport being on the M4 corridor opens up a lot of options. In Cardiff you have tecniquest, shopping, theatres, castles, Big Pit (yes a colliery museum) etc. Near Bridgend you have Margam Park which is beautiful, Ogmore is beautiful with a little village of all thatched cottages. Then you have Swansea and the Gower, Tenby, as well as being close to the breacon becons with the waterfalls and the Penderyn distillery yes they make whisky and gin in Wales!! Whatever you decide enjoy, but be sure to consider indoor and outdoor activities as we all know it rains a lot in Wales! ;)
Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 21:29
I'm from North Wales, born and bred, it's my Homeland and I love every inch of it, miss it terribly! I can highly recommend; Snowdon railway Castles (Conwy, Caernarfon, Harlech etc) Bounce Below - i did this last summer and depending on the age of you kindly winks, i would not take them if they are under 10yrs! (don't be fooled into thinking you are going to bounce on a trampoline, they are cargo type nets and you'll come away with bruised shoulders having gone down the net tubes!!) Great Orme Copper Mines very interesting GreenWood Forest Park for a fun filled day Mountain Biking in Betws-y-Coed. The list is endless, not to mention the beautiful beaches around the coasts. What ever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful time!
Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 18:50
North Wales is lovely...and by far the best part of Wales :D If you do go, visit Conwy where there is a castle and "the smallest house in Britain", from there you can go over to Anglesey to visit Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch or Llanfair PG as it's known!! There is also the Blaenau Ffestiniog railway in Snowdonia... It is indeed Mrs Mozz - but as I said before I am biased - there is a new marina in Conwy and also in Deganwy the other side of the estuary, with a nice places to eat, lovely little town Conwy with some nice little shops, castle is fab too and Llandudo has some nice shopping and a Victorian feel, also you need to visit Betws y Coed swallow falls etc - f Fab places to eat on Anglesey too - Dylan's in Menai Bridge and the Oyster Catcher (a Huff House) in Rhosneigr (near to where William and Kate lived, apparently they visited too!, feeling quite homesick now .... X <em>edited by cymraes on 24/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 16:24
North Wales is lovely...and by far the best part of Wales :D If you do go, visit Conway where there is a castle and "the smallest house in Britain", from there you can go over to Anglesey to visit Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch or Llanfair PG as it's known!! There is also the Blaenau Ffestiniog railway in Snowdonia...
Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 12:41
lol other people do live in Wales, apart from just the Welsh:( I am open to suggestions from anyone who lives in Wales or have been to Wales :) Thanks.
Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 12:39
I come from North Wales/Snowfonia it's stunning, these places have opened up recently and had great reviews! http://www.zipworld.co.uk http://www.bouncebelow.net http://www.visitsnowdonia.info Gwyliau hapus (happy holidays!) Thanks cymraes. After a long search last night i found that Snowdonia might be the place we are looking for. Then this morning i found your post :)
Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 10:59
lol other people do live in Wales, apart from just the Welsh:(
Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 10:44
I come from North Wales/Snowfonia it's stunning, these places have opened up recently and had great reviews! http://www.zipworld.co.uk http://www.bouncebelow.net http://www.visitsnowdonia.info Gwyliau hapus (happy holidays!)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY