Meeting up and making friends | ExpatWoman.com

Meeting up and making friends

Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 20:09
Hello! We have just returned to AD after a Summer at home. Before we left we also were going to St Andrews playgroup which we have enjoyed. We have just moved to Al Muneera so are a bit further away from it now but will def be going again soon! Been having a terrible time with my Son and his sleep since we moved to AD in April so praying things improve!
Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 00:16
@Bristol2AD Thank you for the info! WTC mall is actually very close to where we are going to move in, so we will definitely check that out! I am glad to know that there are some indoor play areas that do not cost so much :) And having "me time" is probably the most important thing! hehe I started to go to a playgroup held at St. Andrews church also. I liked it since the atmosphere is open and cozy and most importantly, my son loved it. Anyways, we will go check WTC soon so we might see you there;) Thanks!
Latest post on 21 August 2015 - 00:59
@jojomom Have you been to WTC Mall? I took my 21 month DD a couple of days ago, did a bit of shopping - not a huge selection compared to Al Wahda and the others but the it's cosy - as in it wouldn't be easy for me to get lost in!! Has free wi-fi. And it has Babyshop! I like the stuff in Babyshop as they don't seem to be overly priced and they offer a lot. My daughter especially liked the play area that they have within the store. There are 2 swings, a slide, a basketball hoop, some ride ons and some balls. Pretty good considering it's free! Next door to Babyshop there is a soft play area which I might take my daughter to at some point. Will also be looking into Playgroups for her. I think interaction with other children will be good for her, and I could do with a bit of "me time". :-)
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 01:44
Hello ladies, are you all in AD this summer? I arrived on August 6th and have been wandering in AD with my 2yo son. We've been to several main shopping malls already and I started to getting bored (we are still staying at a hotel apartment so not much to keep ourselves busy yet).. We need to get out but only options are really limited. How are you spending daytime with your kids? I have no idea what other moms do with kids during daytime. Pleeeaaaase give me ideas!
Latest post on 15 August 2015 - 16:44
Hi! We finally arrived in Abu Dhabi on 8th August. So far so good. We've mostly been going out in the evenings to a voice the blazing heat in the afternoon. But would be happy to meet whenever is most convenient for the majority as long as the place has AC!! Lol.
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 21:41
I am still pretty much flapping around getting my bearings and trying to organise moving to a permanent home - haven't made it to a coffee morning yet! Need to find places to take baby - 9 months. We have a little music class on a Monday but that will end soon for summer. Any suggestions? Would be happy to meet up if any of you other ladies have babies and need to get out!
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 21:41
I am still pretty much flapping around getting my bearings and trying to organise moving to a permanent home - haven't made it to a coffee morning yet! Need to find places to take baby - 9 months. We have a little music class on a Monday but that will end soon for summer. Any suggestions? Would be happy to meet up if any of you other ladies have babies and need to get out!
Latest post on 23 May 2015 - 22:11
Hi everyone! Sorry for being useless at replying on here! How is everyone getting on? Would love to meet up if people are up for it xx
Latest post on 15 May 2015 - 02:38
Hey ladies, Hope you're all settling in well. We (hubby, our 18 month old DD and myself) will be making our big move in August. Like yourselves, it won't be long before hubby starts work and DD and myself start to feel a little lonely. Hopefully not for long though, really eager to make friends! :-) Hope it's not so unbearably hot in August to the point where we need to stay indoors all the time. :-/
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 21:06
Am interested how you guys got on meeting up. I have just arrived last week and already I know I need to get out there to meet people. I have one in school and an almost 9 month old! Lynne
Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 08:18
Hi Sunshine 2015!! I'm here too!! We've been here just over a week, and am loving it so far. I don't have a car as yet, so am house bound with the twins until we get one sorted. Our flight was good too, like yours it was quite empty and we were allocated bassinets so that helped a great deal. We live in MZC so not too far from Airport road. How are you finding it so far? Would love to meet up? And anyone else that wants to join? x
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 18:26
Hi fatslimgirl, thank you so much for your lovely message! We shall try and make the coffee morning will be great to meet everyone! :)
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 11:19
Hello Ladies, both of you, welcome to Abu Dhabi!! I have two children myself, and want to warn you about the hot summer months coming up and the possibility of isolating yourself in your apartment then. I would really go out now that it is not too hot yet. We go to parks in the late afternoon, when the sun is not so hot any more, that is where I met parents in the beginning. Do this now and in May... because as of June... it is HOT! So when it is summer, we mothers tend to arrange play dates just to keep the kids entertained. Abu Dhabi mums is a great place to start! Go to coffee mornings of expat woman too, it really helps! You are not alone! Come to the one this wednesday! Bring baby! it 's ok! I'll be there! Do not worry too much about not having a car, with the traffic here, it is best to use a taxi or bus until you are used to the city and know your way around a bit. Taxi's are so cheap here, why don't you use them, especially with a baby and maybe a pram... you can use it well. Take some time to settle in and don't let the city overwhelm you, it will be ok!
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 21:17
Hi Jojomom! Good to hear from you again :) we were really lucky the flight wasn't very busy so we moved seats to a section of 4 in the middle and laid my son out to sleep! We went to an Abu Dhabi Mums group today which was nice, it's just a pain getting around at the moment - we do now have a car but I'm too scared to drive on the right hand side of the road especially when I don't know where I'm going :( will be going out with my husband for moral support! Hope you are well
Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 12:13
Didn't think I'd see you here again! :) I'm glad you got there safe. How was the flight? Your concerns are exactly the same concerns I have. We'll be moving to AD in August. As my husband starts his work right away, I'll be lonely with my 24months old son. I don't think my son will allow me to stay at home all day. I wonder how people with kids spend this deadly hot summer season. Hope there will be good advice here!
Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 09:47
Hi everyone! Myself, Husband and Son (22 months old) arrived in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday and have been exploring the area. I'm a little nervous as my husband starts his new job on Sunday which means it's just myself and my Son :( we are going to make a trip to join up to Abu Dhabi Mum's on Sunday but I just wondered what sort of playgroups etc other mums go too? Would love to start meeting people and making friends. We currently do not have a car or mobile phone so relying on the bus (hope to sort a pre paid SIM card today) - we are in temp accomodation staying near the Novotel Al Buston on Airport Road. Thanks in advance!