DId I pay too much to the tailor? | ExpatWoman.com

DId I pay too much to the tailor?

Latest post on 25 April 2015 - 19:09
Yes. You paid too much. So you happily pay 25 for a mere alteration, but you find 100 for cutting and sowing too much?
Latest post on 25 April 2015 - 18:05
Yes. You paid too much.
Latest post on 25 April 2015 - 13:00
I was never happy with dream girls, so I would not pay them even 10 dirhams for a pair of pants. It really depends on whether you like the outcome or not.
Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 18:07
Unfortunately, some of the big name Satwa tailors have been touched by the JJ stick and will now not negotiate on price and are very expensive for even the most basic things. You now really have to go and seek out your own unknown smaller tailor up a side street somewhere rather than the big names. But, as previous posters have said, if you are happy with the fit and cut etc then it's all good!
Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 17:57
I had the same thing happen to me, ended up paying AED 400 for a skirt - WELL over the odds, said never again! And to this day I haven't, but I do still wear the skirt although it's no longer the best of conditions / faded colour over time ...
Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 17:12
are you happy with the fit. Would you use them again :). if the answer to all the questions is yes then you are happy and the price is right. Honestly though, you get what you pay for.. Instead of looking at the price look at how they are made and the fit :)
Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 13:33
I'd say it depends. Are you happy with the trousers? Did they do a good job copying the model you provided?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY