Visa run by air with assistance - agent recommendations please | ExpatWoman.com

Visa run by air with assistance - agent recommendations please

Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 14:18

My mum needs to do a visa run (she is here for a few months holiday and has already done a 30 day extension). She would rather travel by air as she needs to be near a bathroom, frequent toilet breaks won't work, she needs to be within 15mins of a bathroom for health reasons (if she is having a bad day).

Can anyone recommend any visa run packages where there is an agent that meets you and takes you through formalities to get the visa run completed by air? I know there are lots of options by road.

I have a small baby at home so would rather not have to go with her and take baby too. Thx.

Latest post on 25 April 2015 - 20:40
Hi Ruth M No she doesn't need to enter Oman , just transfer on arrival. I have done this couple of times , and I always return on the same flight ?get some strange looks from crew sometimes lol but they used to people doing visa runs .This time I'm going with Oman Air as got return flight for 350aed ? leave Dxb at 0655 and return to Dxb 1135 so doesn't take that long ...hope that helps btw I'm going on 5 May and my bestie in UK also has health problems and by the sounds of it are the same as your mum so used to spending my time waiting outside loo's for her hahahah
Latest post on 25 April 2015 - 13:03
It's really easy , I'm going via Oman , you just follow the signs for transit passengers etc check in and grab a costas lol and hop on return flight ...collect duty free in Dxb ?? Thanks Aberdeenquine. Does she not need to enter Oman and get an Oman visa then - just transfer on arrival to the return flight? How long apart should I book the arrival and return flight? Is it possible to put her on the same flight for return as the one she arrives on? I just know my mum, she will wander off into arrivals and we'll never see her again!!!
Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 20:20
It's really easy , I'm going via Oman , you just follow the signs for transit passengers etc check in and grab a costas lol and hop on return flight ...collect duty free in Dxb ??
Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 18:16
You could look in to Marhaba in both directions, and a similar service at the arrival airport (for example Qatar) but for assistance on the plane you'd probably be best speaking to someone at the airline.
Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 17:02
I'm actually doing the very same in May , your mum is more than welcome to join me ? That's so kind thank you - but unfortunately it needs to be before 30th April as her current visa expires then and I'm not sure about grace periods when she is already on an extension. Thank you ever so much for the kind offer though :)
Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 15:23
I'm actually doing the very same in May , your mum is more than welcome to join me ?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY