Lease ends soon...what to do if we want to stay | ExpatWoman.com

Lease ends soon...what to do if we want to stay

Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 01:40
I would visit Dubai Municipality Rent Committee and get my clarification from Legally. It is just adjacent to RERA office. I would not waste my time with this. Life is simpler than constant legal advice. Just call the landlord. Tell them you have good news, want to renew, with same conditions.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 23:20
I would visit Dubai Municipality Rent Committee and get my clarification from Legally. It is just adjacent to RERA office.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 23:20
I would visit Dubai Municipality Rent Committee and get my clarification from Legally. It is just adjacent to RERA office.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 21:44
Now that 90 day passed and LL didn't ask for increase the lease should automatically renewed under same conditions ?
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 21:44
Now that 90 day passed and LL didn't ask for increase the lease should automatically renewed under same conditions ?
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 20:53
i would always get in touch with the landlord etc before the notice period is up because then if they do decide to put up the rent by too much you have time to terminate your lease.. if you stay quiet until the renewal date you dont have any time left to sort out any issues.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 20:13
thanks ladies. the last time we informed the LL that we wanted to stay and ended up paying 15000 increase. We were not sure if this ok or not, but we didin't want to move. We paid. this time we don't want to pay any increase. We paid for the last 4 years every year a increase.... we hopefully are safe this time as we pay 140K and according to Rera rents here are 120-150, we should not entitled to increase
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 10:03
You don't have to officially inform the LL however most tenants do call out of courtesy As the other posters said just call and say you want to renew. The contract will automatically renew anyway unless you said you wanted to leave.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 07:58
Yes, the landlord should contact you within 3 months of the lease end date. Our landlord already contacted us and our lease is up in August.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 06:54
2/3 months before renewal your LL should contact you, or you him to advise that you want to stay. New p/w gets drawn up, cheques handed over ...
Latest post on 25 April 2015 - 22:07
our lease end mid July. we haven't heard anything from Landlord yet. we want to stay and pay same amount as last year. according to Rera calculator we wouldn't have to an increase. according to Rera apt lease is between 120-150k a year, we oay 140k what we need to do if we like to stay?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY