Painter and DIY required - Dubai Marina | ExpatWoman.com

Painter and DIY required - Dubai Marina

Latest post on 25 April 2015 - 22:12

Any recommendations for reasonable/cheap companies who can repairing my small 1 bed apartment and do some minor DIY - about 1 days work maximum in total (Friday or Saturdays only). I used to use Jim Will Fix It but they remain quite expensive and Im on a budget. TIA

Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 01:16
Btw the thumb down was not me.
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 01:15
Fatex: you meant "home improvement" and handymen. But if you need tools and materials for diy, ace hardware or dragon mart are the best places. You can get explanations too from the shop assistants, or just watch YouTube videos. I did lots of painting, built-in shelves, changing of chandeliers, tiling, change of locks etc myself, not a big deal really. Ask a more experienced female friend to help, it is a fun afternoon. If you want to... Otherwise get the handymen from gulf news classifieds, or one of the overpriced companies like Jim will fix it or hitches and glitches.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 21:45
Thanks sarahlou12, will give them a call. dentro, Im taking your comment with SOH - however, the work I need doing I don't have the tools or equipment for, never-mind the skills, the bits I can fix myself I fix! Otherwise, why would a query about someone to do some repairs and painting result in a downwards thumb? This used to be a really good, useful and friendly site, whats with all the unfriendliness?
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 10:05
I use must have maintenance ( used them yesterday) and they were great. Like most firms they will charge 200 for the first hour then 150 for every hour after that. I have never come across any cheap guys who did a decent job
Latest post on 25 April 2015 - 23:40
Is not Do It Yourself (DIY) something that you are supposed to do yourself?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY