Work out and periods query! | ExpatWoman.com

Work out and periods query!

Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 10:00

Hi everyone... if anyone remembers I posted a query about starting off with exercise to build stamina and strength... something very basic... i finally got around to actually doing it recently...i found this video which seems good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=istOU9nxhm8
The thing is my periods start soon... can I carry on with the workout through them? ... I do not have heavy periods and no pain either... shall i still stop it for initial couple of days and then carry on? TIA

Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 07:54
Exercise can only improve any discomfort or mood swings some may experience before or during their monthly cycle. I thought the myth of having to "rest" was debunked 25 years ago? Perhaps this hasn't yet taken hold in some societies? I had someone tell me last year not to drink cold water after exercising because it could trigger a heart attack????
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 07:20
You'll never go to the gym, and afterwards think "ugh I wish hadn't done that" :) You just have to drag yourself there knowing you'll feel better after. [b'>And lucky you, no pain?[/b'> Makes it even easier :) Yah.. thanks... I know I am... but not going to gym, just working out at home in front of the laptop... so I basically have no need to drag myself and no excuse at all... :) ... but since no weight issues one tends to lose the sight of the intangible benefits... sadly one is more motivated to work for appearances rather then health... but i am determined this time... so wish me luck...
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 18:39
You'll never go to the gym, and afterwards think "ugh I wish hadn't done that" :) You just have to drag yourself there knowing you'll feel better after. And lucky you, no pain? Makes it even easier :)
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 12:28
Periods should not be a hindrance to workouts - it helps so much with pain and moods. Not an excuse not to carry.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 11:56
I've never stopped exercising for periods, the endorphins released when you work out really help with cramps and grumpiness even if it can be a bit (or lot!) more of an effort to make yourself do it. I[b'>t would be a lot of missed exercise time if you stopped during your period[/b'>. I feel the same... but didn't know if it was a good idea... now that i have finally started don't want to stop to give myself any excuses to leave it altogether... its so much easier to be lazy... :(
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 10:32
I've never stopped exercising for periods, the endorphins released when you work out really help with cramps and grumpiness even if it can be a bit (or lot!) more of an effort to make yourself do it. It would be a lot of missed exercise time if you stopped during your period. It helps my mood too. I feel a lot better if I do go during my cycle
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 10:23
I've never stopped exercising for periods, the endorphins released when you work out really help with cramps and grumpiness even if it can be a bit (or lot!) more of an effort to make yourself do it. It would be a lot of missed exercise time if you stopped during your period.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY