Afterschool activities | ExpatWoman.com

Afterschool activities

Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 11:14
Pretty much all done at school thankfully! Scouts, swimming, Diverse and others...I wouldn't want to be trecking around town and being nothing but a glorified taxt all week...that's for the weekends :) Sounds good, that's how I will try to organise after the summer. Glorified taxi is the word, the drive there, then sitting around for an hour somewhere and then drive back... Haha...too right. This makes me want to break out into some kind of Monty Python type "when I were a girl" banter! Spoilt monsters are having cold cabbage tonight :) <em>edited by lovingthesun on 26/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 11:09
That's why schools such as Hartland and NAS are so attractive. I'm not sure about NAS but at HIS they plan to place electives through the day and the cost is included in the fees.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 10:35
Pretty much all done at school thankfully! Scouts, swimming, Diverse and others...I wouldn't want to be trecking around town and being nothing but a glorified taxi all week...that's for the weekends :) <em>edited by lovingthesun on 26/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 10:35
Thank you Daza, I just feel a bit useless, as I am not working and can't be bothered driving them to things every day, although it's manageable :-( After the summer I will cut down on the ones they aren't that in to at least. Don't feel useless Silvstet! It can be exhausting spending all your time ferrying children around on these roads, especially when it's hot. And then there is the cost......yeesh!
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 10:31
Thank you Daza, I just feel a bit useless, as I am not working and can't be bothered driving them to things every day, although it's manageable :-( After the summer I will cut down on the ones they aren't that in to at least. I feel the same at this time of the year, for me it is the heat I guess, I feel too lazy to go from one place to another, I always plan to cut down on the number of activities when summer starts, but when the weather starts to get better I start to enrol him back in classes
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 10:19
My children do two or three each but they have to be at a time and location that I can manage. If it's totally impractical I say no even if it's something they really want to do. I don't think its lazy in the slightest to restrict their activities, it's good for them to know that the world doesn't always revolve around what they want :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY