Gymnastics at Fit Republic | ExpatWoman.com

Gymnastics at Fit Republic

Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 13:48

Anyone's children going to fit republic in motorcity for Gymnastics, and feedback good or bad :)

Latest post on 30 April 2015 - 12:57
I can only agree with everything that has been said. Last week my dd asked me why her gymnastics class was now a dance class !! i.e. the warm up is now longer than the gymnastics. As someone said very little gymnastic activity going on. I think a lot of people transferred from the gymnastics facility near Safa Park as a result of all the roadworks, but I have heard a few people now saying they will be going back. Such a shame, because it is a great facility, but they need a great reputation to go with the great facility, otherwise it will not retain their members.
Latest post on 30 April 2015 - 10:11
Is the organisation under KHDA or one of the authorities? If so it can be reported if parents feel there are unsafe practices going on.
Latest post on 29 April 2015 - 22:13
I was so disappointed, what an amazing facility, but SO SO badly organised. The cost is ridiculous, but foolishly, I expected that at that price, the classes would be amazing...not so. Exactly the same as above.....totally oversubscribed, kids get more exercise being at home in the garden!!! Contact time with the instructors is minimal, and they warm up behind the instrcutor, which only the first few children can actually see!!!! So if you're not right behind her, the kids haven't a CLUE what to do. They do the same thing each week, it's just poor. What a shame. And the toilet situation...just not planned properly. Sad. I hope, for their sake, that they sort it out.
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 12:57
I went and checked it out on Monday 4pm class, it was very very overcrowded - very long warm up, and a lot of waiting around. And no toilets close by to the class, kids will spend approx. 10minutes to go to the area where the toilet is and back to the class. Think I will give this one a miss.
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 09:31
Yes very very busy, way to many kids in one area - very long warm up approx. 30mins, then 30mins of actual gymnastics. Kids are divided into groups, so there is really not much gymnastics happening. For example one group goes to the trampoline - One child will jump up and down a few times, whilst the other 10 kids wait for their turn. Same on the balance beam, lot of waiting around. I appreciate a warm up is necessary, but 30mins is more than I used to do at a boot camp session. The staff are a mixed bunch, some are nice and helpful, I find some others to be rude and some to be completely disorganized. My daughter likes to go as it is better than doing homework :)
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 15:03
The other downside is that they don't do school term times. So you buy 3 month blocks of 2 sessions per week (can't do 1 session). So those who went away for spring break missed 4 sessions and they don't allow make up sessions. The next 3 month block runs until end of July (or maybe mid July), so those who leave end of June are paying for 3 or 4 weeks of sessions which they cannot use. <em>edited by MKZ on 26/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 14:57
much more than 20 in the gym, maybe 40 to 50, trying to imagine how many, but for sure when they start each class there are at least 4 rows of at least 8 to 10 kids per row (and that's the girls only). They are split into different levels, but all in the same room using the same equipment. I am sure there are session times when the classes are less crowded, but I think the classes from 4pm onwards are over-subscribed. Fit Republic did a customer satisfaction survey recently and they said they have had lots of complaints about the class sizes, so I guess it will take them a while to figure out how best to manage the demand. <em>edited by MKZ on 26/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 14:57
I was interested as well. Looking forward to your feedback whataloadof. Do you know if they do free trial sessions? If I remember correctly it was a bit expensive considering they don't do family memberships.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 14:37
Thanks MKZ - like 20 kids crowded or more? Plan to visit tomorrow and check it out!
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 14:07
Overcrowded classes, and I mean REALLY overcrowded. It's still a bit disorgansied, Facilities are good and it seems the trainers are well qualified, on paper at least. Don't know how they can operate in such a crowded environment. I doubt it would be the place to send serious gymnasts though, my DD is a beginner and will always only do it for fun, so I think it is fine for that.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY