Ugly Bathroom Tiles: Paint or Peel & Stick Tile cover recommedations | ExpatWoman.com

Ugly Bathroom Tiles: Paint or Peel & Stick Tile cover recommedations

Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 13:54

Hello Ladies
Would you kindly suggest a painter in Dubai that can paint ugly bath tiles. i know paintsman can do it but has been delaying us for quite some time now. we have tried to look online and call a few painters but none of them know how to paint on tiles with a special long lasting paint.

Any Other Suggestions: i am considering SMart tiles too - but it cant be done for the whole bathroom due to moist and humidity in shower area

Many thanks

Latest post on 26 October 2015 - 17:53
Hi saggi_1, I would suggest calling Mohammed at TIP TOP painters 050 140 1374. I don't know if they do bathrooms officially but he is really good with giving honest/realistic feedback so he should be able to point you in the right direction (what's the best paint, price and how much you need etc) Otherwise I saw this company the other day that produces gorgeous linoleum tiles that you can place on top of your existing tiles - allegedly DIY... (harveymaria dot co dot uk) Please let me know how you go because I want to try the same thing next year!! ;)
Latest post on 26 October 2015 - 14:23
Hi sarahlou123 & saggi_1, I am faced with the dismal reality that I may have to live with some VERY ugly tiles in our kitchen after our landlord declined our offer to bring them into the 21st Century and give them a coat of paint. I was wondering if you might be able to tell me where you were able to find SMart tiles and Fabulon here in Dubai. Thanks you!!
Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 15:44
These guys are very good at painting work, not sure if they have paint for tiles, maybe you could ask - 050 3760 772 / whatsapp Worth a try
Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 13:30
any suggestions on a painter who can paint them? Smart tiles is too expensive for three bathrooms. tile paint is the only option (and approved by LL) Thank you
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 14:40
Our old Army quarter had nasty tiles ( They were very 1960's) we bought fablon to cover them and it came off very easy with no mess. I don't know if you can buy fablon here. Try Ace hardware. much easier than paint
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 14:36
Hi Tallybalt, its a rental and we do have permission , we shared some pictures with the landlord of what we intend to do. Tigerente , thank you for your response. do you know the name of this paint? how was the final look and is it durable with water etc?
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 14:23
I bought special paint in ACE and a friend of mine painted it. Please wear a masque it is smelly! My bathroom is 5 sqm and i needed a pack. The tiles were dark terracotta so he had to paint twice. I would not do it in my own house.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 14:20
Do you own the property? If not you should get your landlord's permission first. He may expect you to remove the paint when you move out. <em>edited by Tallybalt on 26/04/2015</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY