Placenta encapsulation in dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Placenta encapsulation in dubai

Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 13:53
I am not Muslim but married into a local family here. I brought this topic up to a few ladies and passed on what they responded. I was curious as well after reading this edited by blondie007 on 28/04/2015 <em>edited by blondie007 on 28/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 13:22
Islamicly it is fine. As long as it is being used for health My mother in law says that they are doing it here in Dubai in the hospitals I will ask which ones but a lot more emirati ladies are seeking this out I find this astonishing (assuming it is true). At the end of the day it is consumption of a human organ (whether freeze dried and crushed or whatever). It is not a life-saving treatment like organ transplant - I find it hard to understand the grounds on which eating/ drinking/ swallowing a placenta would be considered permissible Islamically.
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 12:33
Why did u have to post that Lolacat? No need to be nasty! Yuck is not nasty, it's yuck a word, let's try not to get to dramatic. I would have laughed if you said that to me, and then explained why. Everyone is so touchy on this board, it's why I hardly come on anymore. You have to read through a whinge fest.
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 12:05
Islamicly it is fine. As long as it is being used for health My mother in law says that they are doing it here in Dubai in the hospitals I will ask which ones but a lot more emirati ladies are seeking this out
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 11:27
I am actually quite interested in the Islamic perspective on this and whether anyone knows if it is acceptable in Islam, was wondering about the halal aspect? Any thoughts from those who know more?
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 11:25
What might be "gross" to a lot of people can be seen as beneficial and/or culturally acceptable to others. Placenta has benefits: contains lots of nutrients and hormones, can help to balance your hormones and eliminate postpartum depression (due to hormone imbalance), can increase energy, reduce postpartum healing time, can increase your milk supply, even can reduce symptoms at menopause (you can save extra pills for later is what I understand) so for some people these potential benefits outweigh the "yuck factor". Now before this gets turned into some debate, I feel it's a personal choice. The placenta is dried and ground into pill form...encapsulated. No I do not know anyone who does it in Dubai but I have seen online where someone did it at home, maybe there's a kit for that? FMG is culturally acceptable to many, it does not mean its ok to others. Just because something has been used in traditional cultures (Chinese in this case) it does not mean it’s healthy. Like many of these traditional things in the day it was developed there was possibly a benefit???? Modern research is neither here nor there on it, but I would be interested as to why anyone would want to. Having handled hundreds of placentas and been covered and endured the odd mouthful of amniotic fluid more times than ever wanted I find it slightly stomach churning, especially placental smoothies………why?
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 11:20
Why did u have to post that Lolacat? No need to be nasty! Yuck is not nasty, it's yuck a word, let's try not to get to dramatic.
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 09:18
Elizabeth Bain who is one of the Dubai Doulas does placenta encapsulation. Look at her profile page on their website and it the bottom it lists the placenta services that she offers, the page also provides her contact details. http://dubaidoulas.com/page15.htm I don't know a thing about the process as I have never done it or looked in to it.
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 07:24
And this is exactly ( as discussed in the EW threads being not what it was) why posters get put off from posting on here Judge mental and not even contributing to help was the first response. Hopefully OP will find what she needs
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 05:30
OP seems to be asking for a name and number, not opinions. There are a number of issues- benefits as well as symptoms- that could be classified as psychosomatic but if the user "feels" better and there is no scientific evidence to suggest otherwise (harm), then i don't see the benefit in judging.
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 04:55
What might be "gross" to a lot of people can be seen as beneficial and/or culturally acceptable to others. Placenta has benefits: contains lots of nutrients and hormones, can help to balance your hormones and eliminate postpartum depression (due to hormone imbalance), can increase energy, reduce postpartum healing time, can increase your milk supply, even can reduce symptoms at menopause (you can save extra pills for later is what I understand) so for some people these potential benefits outweigh the "yuck factor". Now before this gets turned into some debate, I feel it's a personal choice. The placenta is dried and ground into pill form...encapsulated. No I do not know anyone who does it in Dubai but I have seen online where someone did it at home, maybe there's a kit for that?
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 23:56
Why did u have to post that Lolacat? No need to be nasty!
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 21:23
Hi....does anyone know whether there is any company or person in Dubai who does placenta encapsulation post pregnancy? If you do, can you pass me the name and contact? I'm based in Abu dhabi but will deliver my baby in Dubai ... Thanks so much Yuck, I very much doubt it. Why ?
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 15:54
Hi....does anyone know whether there is any company or person in Dubai who does placenta encapsulation post pregnancy? If you do, can you pass me the name and contact? I'm based in Abu dhabi but will deliver my baby in Dubai ... Thanks so much

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY