Deleted threads / posts | ExpatWoman.com

Deleted threads / posts

Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 20:50

Has anyone else experienced issues with admin deleting threads / posts? On the 25th April, there was the thread entitled:

"Cleaner/Maid Required - 2 X 2-3hrs Per Week"

A girl who stayed in a small 1-bed place in the Marina was looking for help twice a week. Admin intervened and suggested that the person / respondents should refer to 'Classifieds' and the status of the thread was amended to 'Closed' (no additions or amendments could be made). I only saw this post-status change and suggested that I had a friend who had a maid with spare capacity (in the Marina) who could be the perfect match for the initial request.........now it would appear that both threads have been deleted - I can't see this in my history, nor can i find the threads.

I don't believe that these are contentious issues and hence was surprised at this.....this isn't the first time I've seen this on EW. Anyone else noticed anything similar?

Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 14:09
Dear Annorman, Thanks for the feedback- in the past we have had complaints about the forum being full of maids adverts... when we have a busy Classifieds section especially for this. Your post was left for a while, then closed with the info from us to use the Classifieds section, then after more time it was deleted. Please check the rules of the board if you are unclear about anything http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_faqs_forum_rules_8392.aspx HTH EW Admin

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY