Help understanding Debentures and Fees | ExpatWoman.com

Help understanding Debentures and Fees

Latest post on 27 January 2020 - 23:24
It is really informational.For resolving this issue can consult with the best ones https://www.shuraatax.com/tax-residency-certification-assistance.html who can guide properly in this matter.
By definition a debenture is a loan and I thought in the context of schools here it was just that - cash flow in when your child starts and refunded when they leave. But sounds like the term is being used loosely so better ask to see the terms at each school. If one is to be refunded and another not, makes a big difference!
Latest post on 27 January 2020 - 10:32
All Debentures are new to me and I need help getting my head around this: If I get a place at one school it is 60,000 aed and goes up each year to 75,000 aed in year 6. If I get a place at anothe...
It is really informational.For resolving this issue can consult with the best ones https://www.shuraatax.com/tax-residency-certification-assistance.html who can guide properly in this matter.
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 11:19
Do double check the terms and conditions though as some schools call it a facilities fee and they are non refundable or they somehow change their policy.
Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 09:24
Thanks for that! I'm glad it is a one-time payment. I must ask hubbie if his company will pay for this debenture - I had kind of assumed they wouldn't but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. We are new at this and don't want to rock the boat.:)
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 21:55
At my kids' school the debenture is a one time payment which is refunded when you leave the school. It's almost like a loan to the school. I'm fortunate in that my husband's company paid for the debenture years ago and when one family move on the debenture just gets transferred to the next family who needs it from the company. Check with your company as it is beneficial for them to have the debenture to attract and recruit staff - it can make it easier to get into a school if the company already has the debenture. Good luck.
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 21:31
All Debentures are new to me and I need help getting my head around this: If I get a place at one school it is 60,000 aed and goes up each year to 75,000 aed in year 6. If I get a place at another school that is 40,000 aed every year but I have to get a debenture that is 25,000 aed... Am I correct in thinking that the debenture is a one-time payment? And so for the first school I will pay approx 190,000 over 3 years and 500,000 to end of primary.... And for the second school I would pay 120,000 plus 25,000 = 145,000 over 3 years and 280,000+ 25,000 = 305,000 to end of primary... Aren"t I better financially with the second school even though I have to get a debenture? Reason I'm asking is I'm not sure I understand the system .....or does this debenture fee apply every year and is it really just a top up fee? I also heard something about returning debenture money - that mightn't be too bad then if it was an every year thing.... Anyone dealt with this before?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY