what? salon is asking for 50% advance deposit to get booking? | ExpatWoman.com

what? salon is asking for 50% advance deposit to get booking?

Latest post on 01 May 2015 - 19:52

Is it normal? The lady on phone insisted that since procedure is so long and they need to reserve "stylist"for all the timr, they can't book an appointment without advance. Its very new to me, is it normal? I am kind of ****** offff to go other town of city just to pay deposit.

Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 14:39
But our time is wasted :lol::P:biggrin::thinking:
Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 14:32
Lilly111: I am talking about her only, she started charging 50% deposit. Earlier I used to call and make appointment without any hassle. Anyway, I did pay deposit and already got the straightening done. G.E, MOlly and SL.... I do understand, I was not hesitant but just lazy. I live the othe side of town soooo was ****** off. Many of our clients also don't show up on time for meetings, unfortunately we can't charge them deposit :angry: That isn't a paid service though :)
Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 14:24
Lilly111: I am talking about her only, she started charging 50% deposit. Earlier I used to call and make appointment without any hassle. Anyway, I did pay deposit and already got the straightening done. G.E, MOlly and SL.... I do understand, I was not hesitant but just lazy. I live the othe side of town soooo was ****** off. Many of our clients also don't show up on time for meetings, unfortunately we can't charge them deposit :angry:
Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 14:03
I wouldn't hesitate in paying 50% upfront and I can completely understand why these salons now do it. So many people don't show for hair/salons appointments for no real reason, whereas if the deposit is paid they will more than likely show. No shows costs salons a huge amount of money in lost revenue and if you're definitely going to go to your appointment why not pay it to guarantee your stylist edited by Mollydxb on 07/05/2015 My friend here is a hairdresser and has said that so many clients dont bother to turn up for their expensive appointments therefore they have to collect deposits from clients. She has ordered so many hair extensions for people who have never turned up and she is out of pocket plus booking out 1-2 hour slots to do straightening and they have also never turned up I am the same as you and wouldnt mind paying up front or a deposit.
Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 13:51
I wouldn't hesitate in paying 50% upfront and I can completely understand why these salons now do it. So many people don't show for hair/salons appointments for no real reason, whereas if the deposit is paid they will more than likely show. No shows costs salons a huge amount of money in lost revenue and if you're definitely going to go to your appointment why not pay it to guarantee your stylist edited by Mollydxb on 07/05/2015 I agree completely, no matter whether it's a one hour appointment or a four hour appointment
Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 13:45
I wouldn't hesitate in paying 50% upfront and I can completely understand why these salons now do it. So many people don't show for hair/salons appointments for no real reason, whereas if the deposit is paid they will more than likely show. No shows costs salons a huge amount of money in lost revenue and if you're definitely going to go to your appointment why not pay it to guarantee your stylist <em>edited by Mollydxb on 07/05/2015</em>
Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 13:19
I know many big salons including "Pastels" do ask for a deposit. If you don't mind going to small salon, Try Aliza at Beauty Plus salon in Satwa. She Is amazing with hair treatments and uses all the top brands.
Latest post on 02 May 2015 - 12:12
Try Roots salon
Latest post on 02 May 2015 - 10:09
Never heard such and I find it very rude. On what basis they assume that I would probably just waste their time?? I would find an other hair dresser.
Latest post on 01 May 2015 - 21:08
I guess they are dealing with many customers on "Dubai time" or no shows. However since you are a repeat customer out of respect I find it off putting that they are asking for anything !
Latest post on 01 May 2015 - 20:44
I asked about extensions because it is not unusual to ask for half before they order them As for straightening I have had my hair straightened here at a couple of places and never was asked for any advance I have had done my hair from same place, same person I am asking again....and they are saying they"ve changed policy because if client doesn't show up -her time is wasted. :angry: <em>edited by smartee on 01/05/2015</em>
Latest post on 01 May 2015 - 20:22
I asked about extensions because it is not unusual to ask for half before they order them As for straightening I have had my hair straightened here at a couple of places and never was asked for any advance
Latest post on 01 May 2015 - 20:12
Is this for hair extensions ? No, for hair straightening.:( <em>edited by smartee on 01/05/2015</em>
Latest post on 01 May 2015 - 20:05
Is this for hair extensions ?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY