Shipping Companies UAE to UK | ExpatWoman.com

Shipping Companies UAE to UK

Latest post on 01 May 2015 - 20:13

So that time has come...and lots to do!

Has anyone any recommendations of shipping companies to use to send some furniture, clothes etc from UAE to the UK?
And also, a rough idea on the cost of 20ft and 40ft container?

Only called Crown so far, any one else?

TIA

Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 18:30
We used DASA and would highly recommend them. they were easy to deal with - very professional, the packing crew were excellent and the unpackers in the UK were superb. Made it very easy. I did get others to quote and some were extortionate. also had friends who used Pickfords and it was a nightmare from start to finish and they had a lot of damage to their stuff. I know others who have used DASA and were equally as happy as we were.
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 17:30
sent a 20ft back last year to scotland used gac, doing the same again this year. crown were asked to come and quote they havent contacted me again. just check you will get different quotes due to some will be using agents at each end, the likes of crown/pickfords usually have offices in most countries so easier if anything was to happen with the paperwork etc.
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 09:13
Why not try this guy, British owned company http://promove.ae/index.html We're using him for an internal Dubai move, but I know a lot of people who can highly recommend him.
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 01:36
we used On the Move for shipping 40ft container to Northern Ireland - cost with insurance was 35,000dhs. The company were professional from start to finish. I would highly recommend them. Also wanted to mention that everything arrived safely and in good order, nothing was broken and the team in Dubai were brilliant and the Removals team here were good too. Good luck <em>edited by vixen66 on 05/05/2015</em>
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 12:58
Hi TurkishDervish, I am in the same position! I strongly recommend you get a quote from both DASA and Settle Relocations. They are much more personal, professional and better priced than some other movers. I has quotes from them as well Crown (young sales person rather than caring, experienced assessor) and another large company (also young, got details wrong, had to be chased for a quote...). I do not recommend Allied Pickfords as they were a nightmare moving us UK to Dubai and quite a few of our belongings were chipped/scratched/broken. Hope this helps! :-)
Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 12:30
I would strongly recommend NOT using Phoenix Worldwide Removals. We recently used them to send some stuff back to the UK, they charged us for insurance but didn't actually take it out. Several items were broken in transit and 2 months later I am still trying to get money back from them. I am dealing with the MD and he is completely incompetent.
Latest post on 01 May 2015 - 21:48
one of the companies mentioned here wanted 38k for 20ft !! DH arranged everything for someone as he has contacts in the business and it cost about 26k for a 40ft, depends on what kind of furniture you have too but it should give you an idea.
Latest post on 01 May 2015 - 20:30
Santa Fe and Global, both very good, Allied Pickfords too.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY