airbnb | ExpatWoman.com

airbnb

Latest post on 09 May 2015 - 19:14
I have rented through Airbnb... but back in the States before I moved here....it was my go-between. It was an amazing experience. The place was adorable and the owners "hosts" were unbelievably kind and accommodating. I would routinely search for places in Dubai, while back home, and was surprised at the rates, especially for some of the places they were offering. But just like anything... just be careful. I have numerous friends that have used the site and would use it again if traveling. There are safeguards as well, which I also had to use. I had prepaid for a place and the guy never confirmed. I contacted the company via chat and they immediately gave me a refund and a $150 credit. Just like anything... I would read the reviews and make sure they are hosts and not real estate agencies trying to rip people off.
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 02:38
I used airbnb in many countries, I prefer it even for business trips. It is a great thing! Highly recommend. Read the reviews of the places before booking, good reviews mean you have nothing to be afraid of! I met with many very nice and helpful hosts, as well as I rented whole apartments. Try to find the genuine hosts, not the companies who rent a number of properties but much less caring about your stay than the individual hosts.
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 08:47
Has anyone rented a room out on the mentioned site? And is it legal? There are lots of rooms for rent, so I would think it is, but all these rules about no sharing accommodation it's all a bit confused. Yes, it all legate, used it many times in UK, Australia and here.
Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 22:35
UAE law does not permit although many friends have used in Europe without any hitch.
Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 14:58
Its legal in most countries where owners are allowed to rent rooms, flats or houses without it being a licensed accommodation. In Dubai they made a law banning private holiday lettings last year. http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic223971-private-homeowners-no-longer-permitted-holiday-lets-without-license-forum23.aspx <em>edited by chezmoi on 03/05/2015</em>
Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 14:45
My friends from Moscow did for their trip to Dubai during Easter break. Not sure about how legal it is though.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY