Greens?! | ExpatWoman.com

Greens?!

Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 13:05

We are moving to Dubai from Paris end of June. We just spent 2 weeks in Dubai checking out possible areas to live and only to get more confused.

Finally we came to think that the greens could work for us as it has a community that is easy for families with children and close to my childrens schools (ASD and DAA)

Does any one here live in the Greens and can tell me something about it? I'm looking for a ground floor there... Is that hard to get hold on?

I appreciate your advice and recommendation before we take the final decision.

Latest post on 03 June 2015 - 13:50
Just an opinion. I loveeeeeeee The Greens. it has a community feel and its well maintained. it has access to everything nearby. clinic and hospital and supermarket and school. the local 'baqala' (small store) delivers at ur door step. the streets are not desserted at any time of the day nd till later at night. Mall of emirates is very close. if ur husband will be working in dubai Internet city or dubai media city that is also very close. there is a nice lake to walk around. I live one ground floor so gives a nice house feel wihout it being a villa. plenty of sunshine too. its the units on ground without the extra large balconies. we have two regular ones. I just cant believe we have to vacate it in August as per our landlord :( lived in greens for 5 yrs
Latest post on 03 June 2015 - 09:14
We are not able to find a ground floor apartment with 2 parkings? Do those exist? My husband, who is currently in Dubai, is looking in the Springs? I liked the greens and I don't know much about the Springs. I only saw shortly a house in Springs 10 and I didnt like it at all.. Ground floor ones don't come up that often and are very popular. one and two beds only come with one space whereas some not all three beds have two spaces. It depends on whether the LL has purchased two spaces Most people buy an RTA card and park the second car on the street. As the street is now paid parking it is always empty whereas when free to park all of the people that work in Tecom and Emaar Business park parked there
Latest post on 03 June 2015 - 01:36
We are not able to find a ground floor apartment with 2 parkings? Do those exist? My husband, who is currently in Dubai, is looking in the Springs? I liked the greens and I don't know much about the Springs. I only saw shortly a house in Springs 10 and I didnt like it at all..
Latest post on 02 June 2015 - 11:57
Hello I have lived in the Greens/Views for 3 years In my last apartment I had a ground floor apartment with a very large terrace which at first seemed like a great idea but in reality I rarely utilized it and being on the ground floor the amount of cigarette ends/rubbish and even a half eaten burger that was launched off higher balconies put me off for life. If you don't mind that happening then go for it. They aren't the easiest to find as they are in demand but they do come up every now and then. They are also usually more expensive than their smaller balcony couterparts on higher floors. You may also find some ground floor apartments that face the street/community not pool that have the regular size balcony but you will have to ask the real estate agents as they don't advertise which floor the apartments are on propertyfinder.ae and justrentals.com are a good place to start Sarahlou - you must complain about having things thrown off balconies in your building - Emaar is very strict about that -. In one building someone had a fire from a cigarette being thrown from a flat above. I don't live there anymore. I complained to no avail for over a year. No-one would admit to it and without proof how could Emaar do anything? Every neighbor said it wasn't them so Emaar couldn't do a thing. Thankfully I no longer live in that apartment and my new one doesn't have any rubbish thrown onto it
Latest post on 02 June 2015 - 11:22
Hello I have lived in the Greens/Views for 3 years In my last apartment I had a ground floor apartment with a very large terrace which at first seemed like a great idea but in reality I rarely utilized it and being on the ground floor the amount of cigarette ends/rubbish and even a half eaten burger that was launched off higher balconies put me off for life. If you don't mind that happening then go for it. They aren't the easiest to find as they are in demand but they do come up every now and then. They are also usually more expensive than their smaller balcony couterparts on higher floors. You may also find some ground floor apartments that face the street/community not pool that have the regular size balcony but you will have to ask the real estate agents as they don't advertise which floor the apartments are on propertyfinder.ae and justrentals.com are a good place to start Sarahlou - you must complain about having things thrown off balconies in your building - Emaar is very strict about that -. In one building someone had a fire from a cigarette being thrown from a flat above.
Latest post on 01 June 2015 - 17:37
This is a great thread! We are looking there too. Is Greens the same as Green Community? Thanks. The Green Community isn't that far out. It's just the next exit off the E311 SMBZR, atfer Motor and Sports City. The new airport is a good way further out. The roundabout getting in and out is a bit of a nightmare just now as they are making loads of improvements to the access. Once that's finished it should be fine.
Latest post on 01 June 2015 - 17:30
This is a great thread! We are looking there too. Is Greens the same as Green Community? Thanks. Green Community is farther, it's after Jebel Ali and new Dubai airport. I love living in The Greens too! Been here for 4 years now, my husband has been here for 6 years, and we don't intend to move elsewhere. It's just that it's getting too expensive here, makes it difficult for me to convince my friends to move here, 2 friends already found cheaper rates in Downtown! >.<
Latest post on 08 May 2015 - 18:29
This is a great thread! We are looking there too. Is Greens the same as Green Community? Thanks. No it's not.
Latest post on 08 May 2015 - 18:27
This is a great thread! We are looking there too. Is Greens the same as Green Community? Thanks.
Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 10:58
This is all great info for Samoura1...aren't we nice people in the greens?! :lol: It won the best community to live in recently. Arabian Business News I believe :-) I saw that survey - I think it was for most popular place to live - tied with Motor City. I was quite surprised as thought Marina was most popular.
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 08:51
This is all great info for Samoura1...aren't we nice people in the greens?! :lol: It won the best community to live in recently. Arabian Business News I believe :-)
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 00:55
Thank you neighbors! :) we have decided to go for the greens and we are currently looking for a big 3 bedroom apartment there... Hope to find something nice soon. I saw the views last week when I was visiting Dubai and I like the greens better. Thank you for all your advice... hope to see you soon in the greens
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 13:25
The "old" and "new" Greens have the same interior finishes. Nothing fancy, but perfectly fine. The exterior of the "new" Greens is slightly more modern/nicer and have fancier courtyards/pool areas, but otherwise they're similar enough. The difference seems to be that the "new" Greens apartment blocks tend to have many more bigger 2-3 bedroom apartments, while the "old" Greens is primarily 1 bedrooms and smaller 2-bedrooms, although there are some bigger 2-bedroom units. I don't think they have any three bedroom apartments in the "old" Greens. The highrises in the "Views" have both smaller and bigger apartments, depending on your needs. The finishes are nicer than in the Greens and the pool areas tend to be lovely. Then you have what I call the "midrises," which are in the Views side of the Greens and along the lake. The apartments have similar finish qualities as the highrises and vary greatly in size and floor plans, but some of the ones facing the lake on the upper level do have massive balconies and terraces and a number of them don't have upstairs neighbors, so you don't have the risk of people throwing debris off their balcony for it to land on yours. We had friends who lived in one of those apartments and it really was lovely, wonderful views overlooking the lake and park, calm and serene, and the massive terrace was wonderful for dinner parties. I was street facing with a massive terrace. Word of warning it had to be brushed everyday as the dust and the sand from the street was awful. Facing the pool or lake would be so much better :-)
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 13:25
This is all great info for Samoura1...aren't we nice people in the greens?! :lol:
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 13:22
The "old" and "new" Greens have the same interior finishes. Nothing fancy, but perfectly fine. The exterior of the "new" Greens is slightly more modern/nicer and have fancier courtyards/pool areas, but otherwise they're similar enough. The difference seems to be that the "new" Greens apartment blocks tend to have many more bigger 2-3 bedroom apartments, while the "old" Greens is primarily 1 bedrooms and smaller 2-bedrooms, although there are some bigger 2-bedroom units. I don't think they have any three bedroom apartments in the "old" Greens. The highrises in the "Views" have both smaller and bigger apartments, depending on your needs. The finishes are nicer than in the Greens and the pool areas tend to be lovely. Then you have what I call the "midrises," which are in the Views side of the Greens and along the lake. The apartments have similar finish qualities as the highrises and vary greatly in size and floor plans, but some of the ones facing the lake on the upper level do have massive balconies and terraces and a number of them don't have upstairs neighbors, so you don't have the risk of people throwing debris off their balcony for it to land on yours. We had friends who lived in one of those apartments and it really was lovely, wonderful views overlooking the lake and park, calm and serene, and the massive terrace was wonderful for dinner parties.
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 13:01
I am in Al Arta and it is a very nice building. Quiet, well maintained and very pleasant tenants. I did like the ones Louise mentioned but they were more expensive than my budget I recently went to Panorama as I bought some second hand stuff from a tenant there. He used to live in Al Nakeel and said that it was better than Panorama. They had so many problems at Panorama including the window frames not being sealed properly so when we had the dust storm the inside of their apartment was covered in sand, the cooker broke and because it was under warranty and built in they had to wait a week before it was fixed. I have heard Al Samar having problems in the building. But not in Sidir/Nakheel/Dhafra/Arta/Alka
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 11:50
Hiya Samoura1 To be honest there are some variety and some agents will call the greens 'old greens' and 'new greens' but I have never worked out why. In my personal opinion the blocks nearer to the shops Sidir / Ghaf / Nakheel / Jaz are better than the ones on the otherside of Street 7 - Samar / Arta etc. Again personal opinion so I expect to be challenged by other posters on this. These are all the smaller blocks of 6 storeys high. The newer buildings (high rise) are Golf Tower / Links and rents will be higher here as some of them are actually classified as 'the views' as from some you get views of the golf course. I don't know about your budget but there is a new development on the edge of the greens called Panorama, I haven't been in one of their units but they look lovely. Hope all of this helps you LJ x
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 01:15
Thank you for your advice... Somebody told my husband the same thing about living on the ground floor. I will keep it in mind and try to find a higher apartment. Is there any difference between the apartments in the different blocks? Which one should I go for? When I look online for the apartments I get different prices for the different block and I was wondering if some are better than others.
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 01:13
Thank you for your advice... Somebody told my husband the same thing about living on the ground floor. I will keep it in mind and try to find a higher apartment. Is there any difference between the apartments in the different blocks? Which one should I go for? When I look online for the apartments I get different prices for the different block and I was wondering if some are better than others.
Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 14:27
I love the Greens, it is easy access to many parts of Dubai, there are very rarely any traffic issues. The Taxi Drivers know it when you need to get a taxi anywhere, it has a great community spirit, lovely paths by the lakes to walk around and a great cafe/shopping centre. I live in one of the towers that overlook Emirates Golf course, being higher up I don't have any issues with people throwing cigarette butts off the balconies, we're not overlooked and it is peaceful and quite. No traffic noise as you get in many areas including The Marina, JBR and JLT. Been here for just over 2 years and happy to stay longer. Good luck with the move.
Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 14:16
Hi Samoura1 Good Luck in your move to Dubai. Like Sarahlou123 I live in the greens in a first floor apartment and must say the ground floor apartments with a large terrace rather than the Ground floor balcony that look onto the pool / community area do look like a good option. Some things to consider that I have observed: * Check out the neighbours! Some of my neighbours have lots of cats and a previous tenant in one of the ground floor with terrace unit spent lots of time installing wire fencing at the bottom of the fence to stop the cats coming in and using the gravel area as a large kitty litter bin. They also had concerns about privacy and spent lots of time trying to screen the areas near the bedrooms as they were concerned about people peeking in. * Have a look around, some of my neighbours use the terrace / garden as a bit of a dumping ground, others have made really lovely outdoor spaces which make me jealous when they are outside dining and entertaining. * Like Sarahlou123 says they don't come up that often, in my 4 years I have only seen one change of tenant in one of the four units I can see from my balcony. Although I do think they are a good alternative to a villa (no water needed to water the grass!) there are some issues around privacy and other peoples' pets you need to consider. If these are no issues and a unit comes up then go for it. LJ I noticed a lot of people put up privacy fencing and gazebos etc but Emaar are now fining people for such items as they are apparently fire hazards
Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 13:57
Hi Samoura1 Good Luck in your move to Dubai. Like Sarahlou123 I live in the greens in a first floor apartment and must say the ground floor apartments with a large terrace rather than the Ground floor balcony that look onto the pool / community area do look like a good option. Some things to consider that I have observed: * Check out the neighbours! Some of my neighbours have lots of cats and a previous tenant in one of the ground floor with terrace unit spent lots of time installing wire fencing at the bottom of the fence to stop the cats coming in and using the gravel area as a large kitty litter bin. They also had concerns about privacy and spent lots of time trying to screen the areas near the bedrooms as they were concerned about people peeking in. * Have a look around, some of my neighbours use the terrace / garden as a bit of a dumping ground, others have made really lovely outdoor spaces which make me jealous when they are outside dining and entertaining. * Like Sarahlou123 says they don't come up that often, in my 4 years I have only seen one change of tenant in one of the four units I can see from my balcony. Although I do think they are a good alternative to a villa (no water needed to water the grass!) there are some issues around privacy and other peoples' pets you need to consider. If these are no issues and a unit comes up then go for it. LJ
Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 13:15
Hello I have lived in the Greens/Views for 3 years In my last apartment I had a ground floor apartment with a very large terrace which at first seemed like a great idea but in reality I rarely utilized it and being on the ground floor the amount of cigarette ends/rubbish and even a half eaten burger that was launched off higher balconies put me off for life. If you don't mind that happening then go for it. They aren't the easiest to find as they are in demand but they do come up every now and then. They are also usually more expensive than their smaller balcony couterparts on higher floors. You may also find some ground floor apartments that face the street/community not pool that have the regular size balcony but you will have to ask the real estate agents as they don't advertise which floor the apartments are on propertyfinder.ae and justrentals.com are a good place to start

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY