Moving from Australia to Dubai with 2 tots | ExpatWoman.com

Moving from Australia to Dubai with 2 tots

Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 21:22
I don't think you will find anything for 170K; 200K is the starting price for villas, certainly in Jumeira and Um Suqeim. For that you will get 3/4 bed either old bungalow or compound with shared pool. You might enjoy either area as you are never far from shops, beach, parks, schools etc. So long as you aren't fussy about older properties you will have some choice but new build 3 beds are about 280K. Meadows and Springs have lots of green areas and lots of young families. Regarding furniture, Ikea is good value and they deliver and assemble. You can be lucky with second hand, especially if someone is doing a house clearance and you like everything they have, but otherwise it's a lot of hassle finding the property, looking at the items, then arranging truck to collect (and they may be in apartments where you need permission to move furniture) Or you could rent furniture but that's about 30K for a 3 bed villa per year. You can't go 500m in Dubai without passing a nursery so I wouldn't worry about that yet. Good luck with it all ;)
Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 19:25
If your nearly 3 year old is 3 before the beginning of September (exact dates vary) then there are many schools where he/she could start in FS1 (Foundation stage 1), called Nursery in some schools. It can be hard to get 4 year olds in in FS2 as there are really only a few extra spaces that arise after FS1. It should be easier with more new schools opening but in the last few years it has been very hard to find places in Early Years. Most communities have FB pages which are used a lot for buying and selling stuff. Dubai wide there are a few FB pages like Second-hand Dubai or Buy it, sell it, swap it. <em>edited by plum2 on 03/05/2015</em>
Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 16:24
Hello, everyone, I'm new to this site and hoping you lovely ladies can help. We're moving to Dubai and would like to be close to a neighbourhood with parks and ideal for families with young children. Of course, not too far from the city either. Our budget is about AED170K to AED220K and we'd like a house with a small private backyard. Any leads, please? I have been looking on propertyfinder and dubizzle (are those prices negotiable?) My almost 3 year old will be starting Kindy/preschool soon, any recommendations? We'll also be shopping for furniture, where can we start for quality furniture at a reasonable price? Where else is a good buy/sell website? That's all for now, I'll be picking your brains a little more later... ehehehe

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY