Repton Waiting list | ExpatWoman.com

Repton Waiting list

Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 19:47

I remember years ago repton school wait list would say closed ! i checked availability and it seems all classes are open!!?? is that because lots of school open recently around the city??!!

Latest post on 14 October 2015 - 19:04
Repton school is a great example of a British school catering to an international community. My kids love going there. I have quite a few friends who have also brought their kids to Repton after trying out many of the new schools, but the academic progress that Repton displays is hard to find elsewhere. Hi. I am trying for FS1 for my daughter. I want to move her in during the jan session and they are willing to assess her for that. Which grade are your kids in? I loved the junior school area. Are you still happy with it?
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 20:15
Not for profit schools will always have wait lists, they pay their staff way better than the 'business' schools so can pick and choose the better qualified, more experienced older staff. Better teachers lead to better results which makes for waiting lists. Having worked since 1998 in both not for profit and profit schools this statement is not true. Some not for profit schools may pay better cash in hand monthly salary but only give 80% school fees so when you work out the whole package there isn't a difference. I know a very popular not for profit school who hasn't given salary or allowance increases to their staff although they have increased their school fees for the last 3 years. One big profit education company doesn't pay for tickets or health insurance for teacher's dependents and salaries are lower, however independent profit schools pay the same as non profit schools.
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 17:23
Not for profit schools will always have wait lists, they pay their staff way better than the 'business' schools so can pick and choose the better qualified, more experienced older staff. Better teachers lead to better results which makes for waiting lists.
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 16:26
Repton school is a great example of a British school catering to an international community. My kids love going there. I have quite a few friends who have also brought their kids to Repton after trying out many of the new schools, but the academic progress that Repton displays is hard to find elsewhere.
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 16:10
There's a fair amount of ex-Repton parents at Foremarke. Most moved because Repton got too big and also lost it's "British" identity. How did it lose it's British identity?
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 12:52
an awful lot of Repton kids have moved to Nord Anglia and i'm hearing great things about that school. I don't know of that many that made the move to Foremarke but see lots of familiar faces at Nord Anglia. I can't give you any personal feedback on the school but friends are very happy with the move. There's a fair amount of ex-Repton parents at Foremarke. Most moved because Repton got too big and also lost it's "British" identity. Lots of friends kids go to Nord Anglia and their kids are happy. So nice to finally have a big choice of schools in Dubai
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 18:36
an awful lot of Repton kids have moved to Nord Anglia and i'm hearing great things about that school. I don't know of that many that made the move to Foremarke but see lots of familiar faces at Nord Anglia. I can't give you any personal feedback on the school but friends are very happy with the move.
Latest post on 04 May 2015 - 19:19
Yes, that what i meant!! DESC, DESS, JESS AR and DC and a few other schools still have waiting lists and have done for years..........hmm. DESC and DC have waiting lists because there are fewer quality schools for the upper years. Believe that will change as the new upper years schools get established. Yes consistent quality..............
Latest post on 04 May 2015 - 19:13
Yes, that what i meant!! DESC, DESS, JESS AR and DC and a few other schools still have waiting lists and have done for years..........hmm. DESC and DC have waiting lists because there are fewer quality schools for the upper years. Believe that will change as the new upper years schools get established.
Latest post on 04 May 2015 - 19:11
I've heard that Repton is actually reducing the number of classes per year as well. It may be that many of it's students have gone to the sister school Foremarke but I think there are so many new schools opening up that offer as good an education as Repton that it's just not in demand as much any more.
Latest post on 04 May 2015 - 18:40
Yes, that what i meant!! DESC, DESS, JESS AR and DC and a few other schools still have waiting lists and have done for years..........hmm.
Latest post on 04 May 2015 - 18:30
Yes, that what i meant!!
Latest post on 03 May 2015 - 20:33
I remember years ago repton school wait list would say closed ! i checked availability and it seems all classes are open!!?? is that because lots of school open recently around the city??!! Good schools will always have wait lists despite new schools opening!!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY