Driver for Abu Dhabi to Jebel Ali commute | ExpatWoman.com

Driver for Abu Dhabi to Jebel Ali commute

Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 13:02

Hi Everyone

I am looking for a driver to take me from Abu Dhabi to work in Jebel Ali and back again in the evening from Sunday to Thursday. I wouldn't need them during the day so thy would be free to take other jobs in this time. I also don't have a car for them to use so they would need their own car.

So far my research has shown that you can either go through a company or there are people that post on Dubbizle offering their services. I am not in a position to have someone live with me and I didn't want to have to put someone on my visa. However, the companies I have found seem to charge at least 5,000 aed a month (a lot of money!) The alternative is going through someone on Dubbizle however I am worried about reliability and can't afford to have them not turn up. Also, a carlift wouldn't work as I my work won't be set hours and I might sometimes be working late.

I have also tried to contact Uber in case they have a driver.

Does anyone know of any other ideas? Or know of any reliable companies that are more in the 2,500- 3,000 aed/month range.

I am finding that my searches aren't yielding much so any recommendations would be so much appreciated!

Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 16:41
Do you drive and hold a license from your country? If your country is one of those listed that has the privilege to convert to UAE license, I think it would be more convenient for you to get a license. Then rent a car on a monthly basis. That's just a suggestion though. I used to live out of Dubai and traveled about three hours on the road to get to work and go back home. The travel was exhausting especially after work and transportation was horrible, had to rely on a carlift who was ALWAYS late for pick up and going home. Finally found place in Dubai near work so now I've moved. Easiest solution is to work on my license as well. Good luck with your driver hunt!
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 15:42
Thank you busybee and CouchPotato. Very much appreciated! Good point busybee and I will look into Careem.
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 17:37
Check Careem.com and negotiate a monthly rate :)
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 17:34
you need to either sponsor a driver or use a proper company, anything else is illegal and you can get into trouble, especially in dxb as there you need to inform rta of any car sharing. big fines and they do check.