UK Voting | ExpatWoman.com

UK Voting

Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 13:46
No :( I tried to register but didn't hear back from our local council ! So much for wanting expats to vote! Ditto on the trying to register but not hearing back from the council.
Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 06:05
Registration process went OK and had confirmation letter by post and email, but no forms have been received - that's two more votes which won't be counted :-( We did proxy before but our neighbour has been ill and we didn't want to bother him so thought we would try Postal. Won't be doing that in future! Going to appoint another proxy.
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 23:23
We've always had a postal vote for as long as we've been here but like others have said, by the time the polling card gets redirected here there isn't enough time to get it posted back unless we happen to know someone who's travelling...
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 13:50
Both my husband & I managed to confirm that we were on the Electoral Register where we own a property & received ballot papers in Dubai, with a return pre-paid 1st class UK envelope, however since they only send these out no earlier than ten days prior to the Election, I collected them from our mail box last Thursday having checked daily, and they are supposed to be received in the UK not later than 10.00pm Thursday evening the 7th in order to be valid. We had friends leaving yesterday, so sent the forms back with them, but still no guarantee that they will arrive in our Constituency in time. It seems a very antiquated system and unlikely that overseas votes will count, simply because they will not be received in time.
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 11:10
I know, or even be able to go to the Embassy or something. I'm sure the UK is still living in the dark ages.
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 09:46
We both managed to register, but as they used ordinary mail it all took too long. You would think that in this day and age, onced you've registered there would be an online process, not just the old fashioned ways of postal or proxy :angry:
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 09:39
No :( I tried to register but didn't hear back from our local council ! So much for wanting expats to vote!
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 09:35
Has anyone actually managed to vote for tomorrows election from here?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY