Who's sticking around over the summer? | ExpatWoman.com

Who's sticking around over the summer?

Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 10:14

I'm going back 'home' for a few weeks in July (mostly to attend a couple of weddings, catch up with friends and do some shopping!), but a few people have already scoffed at that and told me that I need to stay away much longer than that! Is it really that uncommon to stick around??

Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 14:15
Can't WAIT for summer and for a bit of peace. Bring it on! (Please remind me I said that). :P
Latest post on 07 May 2015 - 07:40
As I'm working I don't get to chose if here or away, but have to say that I really like Dubai's emptiness in the summer. Also stay-cations are great during that time as the hotels have some fantastic deals on as well as the service seems to improve during this time. Dubai will be as good as you make it ;)
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 23:35
We all view it differently - some can't wait for school to break up and they're gone whereas others are happy to make the most of a quieter, more relaxed Dubai..Whatever works for you - hate it when people are scornful of those who choose differently..I love going home, sit in my old comfy armchair with my family visiting...wouldn't miss it for anything but I know how lucky I am that I don't have to work here so I get fed up with people trying to make me feel guilty..my husband works away a lot anyway and is perfectly able to look after himself - if truth be known he probably enjoys having time to himself...Mrs 13b - I know lots of women who stay all summer without complaint, don't worry what others say, just do what you want..
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 21:10
Love it here. Quiet, although hot at times, but plenty of nice offers of beach clubs etc. to keep you busy.
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 14:27
Going to Gozo for a fortnight in 5 weeks, 1 day and 18 hours (not that I'm counting). We'll be celebrating my 40th by drinking pints of ice cold Cisk by the sea in 20 odd degrees heat with mum n dad and the in laws, aaah :biggrin:
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 11:24
I think I'd miss my husband if I were away too long, although he'd probably be glad of the peace and quiet! I suppose this means I'll finally be able to watch Game of Thrones and see what all the hype is about.
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 11:01
I stayed last year, and will be staying this year! :biggrin: It's hotter yes, but love the fact it's a little quieter
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 10:21
Yes, it seems quite uncommon for mothers with children to stick around. If I could, I would leave for the whole summer but my husband is one of those guys who doesn't want to be alone so we have to stay because of his work schedule. I should not complain, though. This summer, I will be gone for one month!
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 10:20
I don't work and I'll be here most of the summer apart from a 2 week break. I've only done one whole summer away in 8 years and I didn't enjoy it at all. There will still be plenty of people around and plenty to do.
Latest post on 06 May 2015 - 10:16
Not if you're working it isn't ;)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY