DEWA is so so desperate for a foster home | ExpatWoman.com

DEWA is so so desperate for a foster home

Latest post on 10 May 2015 - 04:55

this boy is on the classifieds but we are so afraid not enough people are seeing him :(. Please read his story . http://tnydu.biz/D5fdHg .. He will be without a home as of the 12th! He is an abandoned cat, I know, one of 1,000's :(...but he will be back on the street as of the 12th....there must be someone who is willing to foster him or give him a home. Lovely, cuddly boy...desperate not to get put back on the hot streets :(:(:(

if you are not interested please would you pass his link on Dubizzle to your mailing list. Someone must be able to help Dewa? thanks so much.
<em>edited by SueB on 10/05/2015</em>

Latest post on 01 November 2015 - 07:40
Thanks for sharing Sue, good news is not so easy to come by these days !
Latest post on 31 October 2015 - 23:44
I know DEWA has found his home but I also wanted to mention the other abandoned cats on the street have also found homes!!! 3 have been adopted to homes on the street. They all eventually get under families skin and were taken in :)....they do get adopted, eventually :)most of the people who have cats on our streets have been abandoned and people are caring for them forever :) Thought I would share this :)
Latest post on 07 August 2015 - 16:43
Brilliant SueB. Well done to you and everyone involved for persevering to find DEWA his furever home.
Latest post on 06 August 2015 - 23:16
Sue your good news has made my day .......:biggrin:
Latest post on 06 August 2015 - 18:12
Is DEWA on the bin kitty FB page? :rainbow:
Latest post on 06 August 2015 - 17:49
What a beautiful kind caring lady you are SueB...thanks for taking such fine care of Dewa and all the other moggies you take under you wing.
Latest post on 06 August 2015 - 17:17
sharing for those that are interested :). DEWA has finally gone to a forever home. He will be with other animals and his new dad sounds wonderful and caring. Never give up...they all do find homes, some just take longer than others :)
Latest post on 31 May 2015 - 23:25
A gentle bump for DEWA. He is still hoping for a foster or forever home.. He is managing outside with the help of humans.
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 21:17
DEWA is being looked after by a few people. They are making sure he is ok and has food and water and shade. There are other abandoned cats on the street that have been spayed and neutered and they all seem to visit each other in the evening. I am already in Canada Bingo12 :). I caught him the night before I left ...he will not be pts because people are caring for him, he is not left alone. He is still looking for a home though, beautiful boy... There is another kitty on the street that is slowly edging into my friends garden and she is hopefully going to be able to have her in the house....the other cats on the street are also watched out for :)....they are all homeable.
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 10:49
Can't believe this cat still hasn't found someone to take it! Looked at this thread at the beginning and surprised it's still going - expect it's because so few people visit EW at the moment. Will you have it put down before it gets too hot and/or you go away for the summer? There used to be a very active lady on EW who worked at an animal shelter.
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 09:05
Bumping, again. Fingers and furry paws fervently crossed . . . :cat:
Latest post on 24 May 2015 - 08:35
Was so hoping that by now someone would have offered to help DEWA.
Latest post on 22 May 2015 - 23:50
Another wee bump for this poor lad . . . hope he'll get his fur-ever or foster home soon!
Latest post on 19 May 2015 - 19:03
Bumping for DEWA.......
Latest post on 18 May 2015 - 06:59
giving Dewa a gentle push to the top, just in case someone missed him and is looking to foster or looking for a lovely fella to live with them to complete their family :)...consider this boy.
Latest post on 15 May 2015 - 21:16
Marblesxx if you still have my contact details please send me your information :)... if not send to [email protected] thanks. Sheikandbake, I have to say, in all my years of fostering and rehoming I can count on one hand the number of times I have had a problem with a rescued adult cat. That was also when I was very young and was not doing things properly and also did not have the experience to know when to rescue a cat or leave it :)... so.. not many rescues are bad, only bad decisions where the cat was stray or feral and had not been domesticated. You also have domesticated cats that have become stray and feral after being on the street for a very long time. In Dewas case he has been domesticated and managed quite well as an inside cat for 2 weeks while he healed :).....He was also fine with the children and no problem in the least :)
Latest post on 14 May 2015 - 23:47
He is hanging in there. She said he came for cuddles this morning and he is being well fed but really desperate for a foster or permanent home. marblesxx I don't think I still have your email? could you give Deb a ring. I am in Canada for 5 months so would be better to ring her :)
Latest post on 14 May 2015 - 20:27
ok ladies, calm down alright. This cat, for the time being, until a foster home can be found is still being well looked out for, fed and cared for....he gets lots of cuddles and visits. There really was no option of putting him down as he was a very healthy cat, abandoned. I do not have a problem pts a sick cat, feral who cannot cope but this one is absolutely homeable and we are still looking for a temp or family. The substation is a couple of houses away and everyone who matters knows he is there and keeping him as safe as they can. Yes, here was another option but it was the last option and he is being cared for, not just tossed out into the cruel world without anyone making sure he is ok, feeding him and taking to the vet if necessary. Can we please not debate this as Deb is trying desperately to find him a place and she could use the help not the critisizm at this point :)....thanks. Well said Sue....it is always so easy to nitpick from the sidelines when the ones at the coal face are actually trying to make a difference.Yes we don't always get it right and the outcomes are not always ideal but at least we do something. Let's just keep on bumping, spreading the word and I have faith that his outcome will be a good one.
Latest post on 14 May 2015 - 17:24
will do Emily, thought Deb had already done that :)..
Latest post on 14 May 2015 - 15:56
Hi SueB, If you would like us to help please upload pictures and contact details to our classifieds section or email us at [email protected]. That way we can promote it on social media too. HTH EW Emily
Latest post on 14 May 2015 - 15:06
ok ladies, calm down alright. This cat, for the time being, until a foster home can be found is still being well looked out for, fed and cared for....he gets lots of cuddles and visits. There really was no option of putting him down as he was a very healthy cat, abandoned. I do not have a problem pts a sick cat, feral who cannot cope but this one is absolutely homeable and we are still looking for a temp or family. The substation is a couple of houses away and everyone who matters knows he is there and keeping him as safe as they can. Yes, here was another option but it was the last option and he is being cared for, not just tossed out into the cruel world without anyone making sure he is ok, feeding him and taking to the vet if necessary. Can we please not debate this as Deb is trying desperately to find him a place and she could use the help not the critisizm at this point :)....thanks.
Latest post on 14 May 2015 - 13:52
I disagree. As long as there is someone trying to find a home, there is always a chance he will find a home. Not having a suitable home is not a reason to put down a perfectly healthy animal.. I couldn't bring myself to do it.. I've witnessed happy endings of worse cases, so you never know. :shy: SueB, I really wish I could help.. If you can find a temporary home until June 6, I am happy to foster him when I am back. ( if he is health checked-I have too many at home I can't take a risk of an outbreak of ringworm and such). I think you have my email, if not I will contact the number on the ad.
Latest post on 14 May 2015 - 10:35
No :(. he is back at the Dewa Substation. A very unsafe place for him to be but there was no other choice. He is afraid to be out there so hides in the substation :(......We are still hoping for a foster or permanent home for him. He is getting food and water. I believe there WAS another choice. How is being unsafe and afraid, with hardly any prospect of being fostered, better than being put down. The poor thing was rescued, taken care of for a couple of days and thrown back to where he came from. That's cruelty at it's worst in my book. I completely agree with OD. I think it's really cruel to the animal. There are so many cats in the UAE that you can't possibly hope to rescue/foster them all.
Latest post on 14 May 2015 - 07:44
No :(. he is back at the Dewa Substation. A very unsafe place for him to be but there was no other choice. He is afraid to be out there so hides in the substation :(......We are still hoping for a foster or permanent home for him. He is getting food and water. I believe there WAS another choice. How is being unsafe and afraid, with hardly any prospect of being fostered, better than being put down. The poor thing was rescued, taken care of for a couple of days and thrown back to where he came from. That's cruelty at it's worst in my book.
Latest post on 14 May 2015 - 03:53
I will tell my friend and she will go and get him :)
Latest post on 14 May 2015 - 01:40
Ohhh, no! Poor, poor puss! He must be so scared and so confused. :brokenheart: Let's all keep spreading the word and hope that Dewa finds a foster or furever home sooner than soon. SueB, if we find someone, how would they make arrangements to rescue him from the substation?
Latest post on 14 May 2015 - 00:27
No :(. he is back at the Dewa Substation. A very unsafe place for him to be but there was no other choice. He is afraid to be out there so hides in the substation :(......We are still hoping for a foster or permanent home for him. He is getting food and water.
Latest post on 13 May 2015 - 21:51
SueB - was anyone able to help DEWA? I do hope so.
Latest post on 12 May 2015 - 14:41
bump for Dewa. Anyone out there that can foster this boy until a home is found? :(
Latest post on 11 May 2015 - 18:57
This is so sad. Unfortunately I do not have a permanent address yet so can't help. I really hope someone will come to his rescue long term. When I finally do get an address to call home I will be happy to foster, I will be in touch. All the best x

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY