Pigmanorm? | ExpatWoman.com

Pigmanorm?

Latest post on 28 June 2015 - 16:54
Hi there, I obtained it from Cooper Dermatology after a consultation for pigmentation. I was prescribed it and immediately received it from the actual dermatology clinic and not any pharmacy which leads me to believe they hold it there. Its not super easy to get an appointment and definitely not cheap - perhaps enquire with them if you can just buy the cream directly from them without the consultation as they also stock 'Environ' and another skincare brand I can't remember. http://www.cooperdermatologyclinic.com/ I had previously used a mixture of creams from a small pharmacy in JLT - it is in cluster Q downstairs in between the Male Barbers and Papa Johns - Ill be honest; It worked better than the pigmanorm and cost 70 aed with no prescription. The pharmacist (a Pakistani man who said he had worked as a dermatologist in Pakistan and is extremely helpful) mixed 3 ingredients together for me. My pigmentation disappeared in a month. - My pigmentation has come back twice (unforunately!) hence why I went to a dermatologist as I thought they might have a permanent solution, but honestly both creams worked very similarly, Id almost venture to say the cheaper pharmacy one was better. Hope it helps!
Latest post on 13 May 2015 - 23:38
More than likely because of its active ingredients (hydroquinone, tretinoin and hydrocortisone), a doctor might be able to prescribe it for you but the pharmacies in UAE will not carry the product. It should only be used under close MD supervision. OTC use in a harsh sun environment is contraindicated. If previously prescribed, it would be best to obtain a refill from home or when you travel out. I've had the experience that pharmacies will say they are out of stock of certain medications, when they really mean that they are no longer carrying it. Ever. :confused:
Latest post on 13 May 2015 - 22:12
Has anyone heard of this pigmentation cream called Pigmanorm? Its made in Switzerland. Apparently its been out of stock in Dubai for 5 months according to Pharmacy... I have called all the big pharmacies and a few dermatologist in town and they all don’t carry it:( Anyone have any idea what to do to get this pigmentation cream? Thanks for any tips/ideas in advance.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY