Open toe saddles suitable for the office? | ExpatWoman.com

Open toe saddles suitable for the office?

Latest post on 14 May 2015 - 12:18

Apologies for my naivety but I'm just about to move to Doha for 12 months and I wondered whether I am ok to wear open toe sandals in the office? I have done a lot of reading up on suitable clothing but can't find so much on shoes. Any advice much appreciated!

Latest post on 01 June 2015 - 08:49
I work in a law firm and no one would care if you were wearing open toed shoes. There is no right and wrong on this one - I'd just ask your new employer if there's a rule.
Latest post on 31 May 2015 - 22:16
Should be generally fine, but for work it may depend on the place as others have said.
Latest post on 30 May 2015 - 04:10
It very much depends on where you work and the company culture. Like Hoobs, I worked in the legal field and long sleeves and closed toe shoes, like a court shoe, were the unspoken rule. But that's really no different to anywhere else. I always had a shayla in my drawer in case I had to meet with very conservative clients but if you don't interface with clients the dress code is probably more relaxed.
Latest post on 17 May 2015 - 11:58
It depends on where you are working and the company culture . In my previous job ( Law firm ) we were explicitly told that open toe sandals were not allowed . I now work for a Governmental organization , they dont care about shoes but we were handed a memo detailing the guidelines of acceptable work wear in the office .
Latest post on 14 May 2015 - 12:29
Apologies for my naivety but I'm just about to move to Doha for 12 months and I wondered whether I am ok to wear open toe sandals in the office? I have done a lot of reading up on suitable clothing but can't find so much on shoes. Any advice much appreciated! You will be fine with those.