Search green compound close to Qatar Finland Int. School | ExpatWoman.com

Search green compound close to Qatar Finland Int. School

Latest post on 20 May 2015 - 18:06
Well, for my experience the Finnish curriculum and the British one are very different. So it might be necessary that you think well about the kind of education you want for your kids I visited the Finnish school and our result is: - the facility and the labs are very good - people seem to be very nice, teachers speak a perfect English even if they are Finnish - the programme seems to be very innovative - the Finnish system is known to be a very good one - the school is in the middle of nowhere north of Doha - the admission test for my daughter was easy - too easy: she is in 4th grade now, she said that in Math she was asked for things she did in third grade in Italy (last year) - they have not been able to give us details about the programme in Math and English that they will follow for 5th grade next year - and they still don't know which kind of final diploma the kids will obtain at the end of 12th grade - the school principal told us that he considers the IB curriculum too demanding - so at the end, despite all the positive things, we decided to remain where we are (IB school for middle years) as we were afraid that the programme would have been too easy and not so intellectually challenging
Latest post on 20 May 2015 - 01:32
Hi Duchess We arrive into Qatar soon as well (June) and have been thinking about Finland International School. Have you been able to find out much about the school, the standard of education, quality of teachers etc? We are also looking at UK curriculum schools but it is proving very difficult to get places as I am sure you too have experienced Thx
Latest post on 19 May 2015 - 15:47
Thanks EW Emily. I will have a look at these. Regards, Andrea
Latest post on 18 May 2015 - 15:55
Hi Andrea, I am not sure if you have seen them but there are two articles that give you some good information about residential areas in Qatar. http://www.expatwoman.com/qatar/monthly_qatar_guide_Where_to_Live_In_Doha_9089.aspx http://www.expatwoman.com/qatar/monthly_qatar_faqs_Accomodation_10299.aspx HTH EW Emily
Latest post on 17 May 2015 - 13:58
Hi, We are considering enroling our 7 year old daughter in de Qatar Finland Int. School. We don't want to live more than 20 - 30 min drive from there. The Pearl could be an option but mostly Appartments there and stand alone villas. Can anyone tell me if there are compounds worth looking into which are no more than a 30 min drive max? The Q.F.I. School is located in North Al Dohail, Al Khissa Area, Street No. 502 Looking forward to your advice and reply. Andrea