Free from/Gluten Free | ExpatWoman.com

Free from/Gluten Free

Latest post on 19 May 2015 - 21:05

Hi Ladies, does anyone know of a store or best supermarket which has a wide range of free from or gluten free products.

Thanks in advance

Latest post on 13 October 2015 - 19:41
Skinny Genie has great stuff as far as ordering in food and baked good. I don't care for Sweet Connections at all. There is a place in the Wasl Vita mall that is WONDERFUL. Each big supermarket has their own selections and I make my rounds at all of them. The change initiative also has some things. As for eating out you are safest at the hotel based restaurants and bigger named restaurants. Also, check you Gluten Free UAE - she has a blog and facebook page that are really helpful. Best of luck!
Latest post on 11 October 2015 - 05:17
Try Sapori di Bice, they have some [url=http://www.saporidibice.com'>gluten free[/url'> items on their menu
Latest post on 05 October 2015 - 17:08
Both Sweet Connections and Gluten Free Supermarket have online shops so you can order all your baked GF stuff. Sweet Connections also has a kiosk in Mercato and a cafe in DIFC, although I haven't made it to either. Ripe market (Saturday mornings at Time Square at the moment) has several GF stalls.
Latest post on 03 October 2015 - 18:21
Hi Ladies, does anyone know of a store or best supermarket which has a wide range of free from or gluten free products. Thanks in advance I use to buy in different stores as so.e times you Dont final all products. Spinneys, waterose, and carrefour are the Inés they have more. You can find also in The Change Initiative in SZR. In Lafayette Galeries in the italian corner they sell pasta and tomato. I would not go to Organic , its extremely expensive
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 15:04
Kitsch counter in DIFC have lots of gluten free options. its expensive but worth it.
Latest post on 22 May 2015 - 18:38
I was pleasantly surprised at the selection at Milk and Honey at the Springs Town Center. I expected prices to be sky high but actually the Almond Milk was cheaper than what I paid at choitrams. Also Change initiative have lots of Schwar baked goods.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 20 May 2015 - 17:32
Carrefour has a large range of gluten free products. I would not go to Organic Food as I think they are super overpriced. You will find gluten free in every supermarket.
Latest post on 20 May 2015 - 11:59
Brilliant, thank you ladies. X
Latest post on 20 May 2015 - 11:31
Le Petite Marche in the Magrudys centre is great - they do online order and delivery too http://www.supermarketplace.ae/ Waitrose have a good selection of gluten free products also.
Latest post on 20 May 2015 - 09:26
Don't waste your time going to Bio-Organic in Tecom, the staff don't have a clue where anything is, or WHAT anything is. Also there is not a great choice, i.e. the same items are stocked in several areas in the store making it looking like the shelves are full. Spinneys also has a good choice of gluten free products, but your best bet is Organic Foods and Cafe.
Latest post on 20 May 2015 - 08:49
Most of the bigger supermarkets now have at least a small gluten-free section (I know Spinneys, Lulu, Geant all do). For more choice though, you're probably going to have the biggest selection at Organic Foods (Greens, SZR, Beach Rd) or Bio-organic (Tecom).

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY