Splendour villas and call to prayer | ExpatWoman.com

Splendour villas and call to prayer

Latest post on 20 May 2015 - 18:12

Hi! I've seen a house I like in Splendour Villas and would like to know if anyone has information on living there. If it's a nice place, etc. But mostly about the call to prayer of the blue mosque (the Al-Farooq Omar Ibn Al Khatab Mosque) rigth by it. I have terrible sleeping problems and wake up with the slightliest noise. Everyone is telling me I just have to get used to it since it's the same anywhere in Jumeirah, that is where I would like to live. Does anyone know if this mosque is louder than others? The same? Thanks!

Latest post on 23 May 2015 - 18:23
We lived very near a mosque for 2 years. I never got used to the noise. My kids could sleep through it though. Our Imam had a dreadful voice and he also used to cough and clear his throat into the microphone. It was gross. It never just blended into your life.
Latest post on 23 May 2015 - 15:36
It is the same anywhere in the world with living next to an underground station or under a flight path somewhere - after a week you don't hear it. It's amazing in Mirdif with people living directly under the landing flight path as the planes are SO low and noisy but people genuinely say they can't hear it after a week or two. Some of the Imams have a really nice tone as well so even if it is loud it may just blend in to your everyday life!
Latest post on 23 May 2015 - 15:32
It is true that one can get used to a loud mosque next door - I lived next to one and after a few nights slept right through it! It's true. People say it because it's just true....I never even heard a prayer call in my life before I came and now I'm used to it, can sleep no problem... although admittedly now I try to hear it during the weekdays since I need to wake up early. The only other time I hear it is when they broadcast the entire thing sorry I don't know the name, on Fridays... But you could arrange to leave during that time if it bothers you.
Latest post on 23 May 2015 - 14:06
It is true that one can get used to a loud mosque next door - I lived next to one and after a few nights slept right through it!
Latest post on 22 May 2015 - 20:07
There are apartments out near the outlet mall. They would be quieter I imagine.
Latest post on 21 May 2015 - 16:52
Thanks! My husband is going to visit one of these days at prayer time.
Latest post on 21 May 2015 - 08:24
I lived there a fair while ago and IMO too much money for what it is and it is pretty loud. There are far nicer properties in quieter parts of Jumeirah and Umm Sequim for that sort of money, although the facilities are pretty good, we hardly ever used them! Not everywhere in Jumeirah is so loud. There are a lot of Mosques and there is obviously noise but I have been to a number of places in the area to see friends etc and its been subtle.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY