Looking for a nursery with a decent settling in policy | ExpatWoman.com

Looking for a nursery with a decent settling in policy

Latest post on 22 May 2015 - 02:05

Hi everyone!

I am looking for a nursery to place our 17 month old son in September with a settling in policy which allows parents to participate for at least a couple of days. We live in Jumeirah, and I know there are lots of nurseries there. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations? It is my sons first time in a nursery and I feel it might be hard to just drop him off since he is shy. Most nurseries here only allow the parents to be around for the first day. I appreciate all the help I can get.

Latest post on 17 August 2015 - 23:17
Hello Sea shells nursery in barsha just right behind Mall of the Emirates has a good settling in policy they are pretty flexible and have different picking timings for kids depending upon how they adjust. do try there too thanlyou
Latest post on 16 August 2015 - 17:10
Hi! Book an appointment with Little Pandas Early Learning Centre just behind the Dubai Zoo off Jumeirah 1 road. The school principal is very friendly and considerable. She will definitely help you.
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 12:15
My two children went to Ladybird Nursery located in Jumeirah. It is the most loveliest Nurseries. The settling in policy is amazing. My first child settled well after the 2nd day where my youngest child took a few more days to settle. The first week you go every day so your child gets used to the Nursery even if your child only goes for 3 days. These are done by a 2hr visit per day and then you leave them longer when the teacher feels they are ready. It is a beautiful settling program. Both of my girls were happy to stay without me after two days of never ever been to a Nursery before. The Nursery were very accommodating to my needs of a mum and I phoned a few times and the office staff were very sweet and gave me regular updates. I looked at over 10 different Nurseries before choosing Ladybird Nursery and have recommended this Nursery to my friends all over Dubai and they agree as this is the best loving Nursery. It is very nurturing and what the children do each day in the classroom is just amazing and the friendships they form. It is a beautiful community. My two children have transitioned into big school now and both school teachers were very happy to see how independent my girls were and I remember when they asked me what Nursery they went to and when I told them "the teachers both commented on how that Nursery is lovely". My children are now 7 and 9. I have a good friend who is sending her little boy who is 18th months old to Ladybird Nursery starting in September and she already keeps thanking me and her little boy hasn't even started yet. She was happy to just have the right Nursery without having to do all the homework. Word of mouth is really the best referral and I also recommend that you look at their website and the testimonials are always a good indication as well. Hope this helps and happy Nursery looking.
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 22:38
Are any of these nurseries 'feeder' nurseries to schools later on? I'm looking at raffles but they don't have a CCTV and I would love to check in on my little one during the day as it is his first time in Nursery also. and he's so little! just turned 3. I think another thing that would help with settling in is finding other mums with kids who will be going to the same class, and organising playdates a couple of weeks before term starts. that way there will be familiar faces in class and it makes things easier.
Latest post on 27 July 2015 - 00:26
I visited Art Village Nursery and they apparently has a very open settling in policy where parents can stay around for as long as the child needs.
Latest post on 02 June 2015 - 21:56
i would recommend Baby Land nursery which is now called Key nursery, they are very flexible with the settling down and they allow parents to be with children for the first week and then you can gradually leave him for 2 hours, then 3 hours and then for a full day until he settles . there is a Tim Hortons coffee shop beside it in 3J mall where u can have a coffee and internet connection and get back to check on him. its a walking distance. i have been teaching there for 3 years and both my children spent their nursery years there. plus the prices are not crazy. if u need any help with that let me know :)
Latest post on 02 June 2015 - 19:18
Toddler town!!! My son is now 23 months but started when he was 14 months and I was a mess. The first day I had to go in and hug him goodbye and stay in reception for an hour. He lasted nearly that before the tears started but then for the next week there were more and more tears. At the time I was really concerned thinking surely I should be in the room comforting him and making him feel better and everyone at the time told me no it is best to be upbeat, give him a kiss and say see you later have a lovely day. I used to still wait in reception out of sight of him. But after 2 weeks the tears stopped and maybe it was just a lip crying face. 3 weeks in and he used to go in with the teacher and not a tear in sight. A lot of nurseries have this approach but what made me love toddler town more is the fact they have CCTV in the classrooms that you can watch from home. So if I was having doubts if he was okay or if he had a bad night sleep etc I would be able to see him. The teachers at Toddler Town were great and would give him hugs and plenty of reassurance during the intro period. On top of that the facilities and environment is beautiful. Definitely take a look!
Latest post on 02 June 2015 - 18:26
I visited Golden Gate Nursery and was pretty happy with their approach to pretty much everything. I am also worried about my LO settling in. They said they would work with me on and I could bring her in during the run up to September term opening to make sure she was comfy. Hoping to get her registered there soon. THey also have 10k off their fees for the first year.
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 17:35
Hi Sue, Thank you for your reply! I will look into it, I also heard of a nursery called Ladybird nursery and Art Village nursery (a new one that is supposed to open soon) that is suppose to a friendly settling in policy. Have you heard anything about any of them? I find that the longer the "settling in " process is prolonged, the more trouble it is! My kids are quite happy after the first day or so to go on their own ...
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 15:10
Hi Sue, Thank you for your reply! I will look into it, I also heard of a nursery called Ladybird nursery and Art Village nursery (a new one that is supposed to open soon) that is suppose to a friendly settling in policy. Have you heard anything about any of them?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY