Has anyone flown with Spirit Airlines in the US? | ExpatWoman.com

Has anyone flown with Spirit Airlines in the US?

Latest post on 23 May 2015 - 13:45

How did you find them? Worth using them for short flight from either Los Angeles to Vegas or San Francisco to Vegas?

Thanks

Latest post on 24 May 2015 - 18:10
Yes. Understand their fees (bags, seats) before you purchase. Personally like that they charge more for carry on than checked bags. Prevents people bringing too much carry on luggage and the long exercise of putting luggage in overhead bins and then no more space and people having to check carry on luggage and then complaining. Have seen people think the carry on rules will be relaxed for them and then being shocked at the fees - have to say quite glad to see they enforce their rules and make it fair for those who do follow them.
Latest post on 24 May 2015 - 14:27
I've never flown Spirit, but heard both that they are fine and also the occasional nightmare story from my family/friends about them. When possible, I always fly Delta or United if the need arises. I miss Northwest and Continental :( The domestic carriers there are getting really gross.
Latest post on 24 May 2015 - 09:23
Do. Not. Do. It! It will end up being more expensive in the end as they tack on fees for everything: checked bag fee, carryon bag fee, boarding pass printing fee, need seats together...pay a fee. On top of all that, they are never on-time, the seats are ridiculous and they are plain 'ol rude. It's just so not worth it.
Latest post on 23 May 2015 - 13:56
All domestic short haul flights in the US are no better than riding a public bus. Take whatever is cheapest!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY