Moving to Sharjah | ExpatWoman.com

Moving to Sharjah

Latest post on 23 May 2015 - 23:09

Hi All

I am new in this forum. I am from Delhi, moving to Sharjah next month as my husband got job there. the monthly compensation would be around AED 20000.
Can any one please help me in understanding the cost of living in Sharjah and whether it will possible to make some saving out given package. will live with one three year old kid.

1- Can you suggest some good localities for residence. where generally more Indian families are based out and which is closer other locations necessary for day to day routine. what a 1bhk in good apartment, will approx cost for?

2- what will be transport mode and expense for daily travel to office which is based at Hamriyah free zone

3- A roughly estimate of other expense..electricity, water, domestic help, school fee and other monthly exp ?

Thanks in advance

Latest post on 24 May 2015 - 09:29
Hamriya free zone is closer to Ajman than Sharjah residential areas, it is located between Ajman & Um Al Quwain. It is own by the Emirate of Sharjah but it is in Ajman looool. it is better to live in Ajman and the rent is cheaper than Sharjah. Traffic is not pleasant in Sharjah, so it is better to find an apt close to your husband's work. There is a good British school in Ajman and the majority of students are Indians. It's the British international school http://www.bisuae.ae As for domestic help, there are rules to sponsor a maid, you should live in a 2 br apt with a maid's room, if you choose part time the hourly rate is 30-35 AED in Sharjah/ Ajman. Utilities bill is between AED 500-1000 for 1 bed room apt depending on the use of AC. I don't know about Indians communities in those areas as I'm not Indian. Rent in Ajman for 1 br apt is around AED 30,000-35,000 per year in a new tower, in Sharjah in a nice tower the rent is 40,000-55,000. But there are cheaper areas if you plan to live in an old building or a building with window AC, the rent in those buildings is 25000- 30000.
Latest post on 24 May 2015 - 08:26
Hi, just to clarify.... You mean total is 20k including housing? A one bed in Sharjah isn't too much, I think 3k max for a good one. As far as Indians, don't worry, you will not find a lack of anywhere in Sharjah.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY