Fly Dubai - safe airline? | ExpatWoman.com

Fly Dubai - safe airline?

Latest post on 24 May 2015 - 08:43

Hi, we flying to sri lanka and was planning on going with flydubai, my husband is worried they not safe and does like these cheap airlines. I have never heard anything bad about them...how have you experienced them?

Latest post on 17 April 2016 - 18:56
Well, you just brought it up then :) I guess no one thought it was necessary to be reminded. No, what I meant was, no-one mentioned it because it hadn't happened !!
Latest post on 16 April 2016 - 14:52
I have flown many times with them, no worries at all.
Latest post on 15 April 2016 - 20:13
They have a good safety record until this recent tragedy, all their planes are new too. Just because they are a low cost airline doesn't mean they scrimp on safety. I would fly with them without any issues.
Latest post on 15 April 2016 - 17:43
Well, you just brought it up then :) I guess no one thought it was necessary to be reminded.
Latest post on 14 April 2016 - 13:18
Business must be slow after their recent tragedy...must admit I didn't notice the dates but I thought it was odd timing for such a thread and even more odd that no-one mentioned it !!
Latest post on 14 April 2016 - 12:54
Another old thread being dragged up by a 'new user'.
Latest post on 14 April 2016 - 10:17
Flydubai is a good airline with a solid safety rating. I have flown on them many times. I think the in-flight service is average for long haul flights. It is a low cost airlines service provider offering cheap airline tickets with easy air ticket booking and online check in. You can visit: [url=https://www.rehlat.com/en/airlines/uae/flydubai-tickets-online-booking/'>Flydubai Online Booking[/url'>
Latest post on 31 May 2015 - 16:24
Its a low cost airline that's why you have to pay for everything. At least you have an option to choose the cheapest fare (without luggage, seats, food and everything) We tried it once and I think its good for short flights.
Latest post on 31 May 2015 - 10:19
Flown with them a few times, they're fine. Their flights costs are actually starting to become more inclusive - such as hand luggage, checked luggage included now, whereas before it wasn't. They're also now experimenting with in-flight meals on certain routes. I like them.
Latest post on 31 May 2015 - 09:13
Their pilots are good and services as well but the main problem is that you have to pay for everything.
Latest post on 31 May 2015 - 09:03
They use mostly British and European pilots and their aircraft are much newer than most other airlines.
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 12:54
We will be trying this airline tomorrow to fly to Maldives...i also hope they are good.
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 10:32
I have used them a couple of times, They are good.
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 14:56
Hi have traveled couple of places with the airline they are good if you are ok with no added perks included like limited luggage ,normal seats, no meals included etc
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 10:42
My cousin works there as a pilot and he said its very safe. he said they follow all of Emirates protocols. For example, the very next day after the co-pilot had flown into the mountains in France, they instructed pilots that two people needed to be in the cockpit at all times. It was unofficially communicated and within 3 days - written into the policy. It allayed my fears... I check with him whenever I contemplate a low budge airline.
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 10:34
They are a low cost airline. But that doesn't mean they cut costs on safety it just means that they don't offer the inclusive 'frills' like meals, ergonomic seating, Wifi etc. As Silvstet has mentioned it's an Emirates group company and as such have the highest of standards.
Latest post on 24 May 2015 - 15:15
It's a great airline and yes it is safe.
Latest post on 24 May 2015 - 14:28
Flydubai is owned by Emirates, so their standards are high. Best budget airline I have flown with. Wow, didn't know that. I am flying with them tomorrow, could not justify spending an extra 1100 AED for the same one hour flight on Emirates! Plus the miles wasn't worth it...
Latest post on 24 May 2015 - 12:45
I've used them and they were great.
Latest post on 24 May 2015 - 10:50
Thanks, ladies. Ok, will put the hubby's mind at rest x
Latest post on 24 May 2015 - 09:51
Use them all the time to fly to Doha. No issues.
Latest post on 24 May 2015 - 09:14
Flydubai is owned by Emirates, so their standards are high. Best budget airline I have flown with. I agree. They are not cheap but you just have to pay for everything (luggage, food, entertainment, and seats).

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY