Dubai british school | ExpatWoman.com

Dubai british school

Latest post on 24 May 2015 - 16:18

I am thinking about putting my children down for DBS, either the existing one or the new one opening in JP. Any comments/recommendations with regard to the present school - size of classes, ethos of school, academic standards, staff? Anyone know how the new building in JP is coming along and how it will compare to the present site?

NB - mods - please can you leave this on the main board for the moment as the schools & nurseries board doesn't seem to get much 'traffic'

Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 09:44
I'm a huge fan of DBS, as is my little one - sometimes he even gets ready on the weekend asking if we can go to school. The overall feel of the place is friendly, warm and inviting. There's a big community feel and everyone supports each other. The class sizes are great at just 25 (unlike when I was at school and the rooms were bursting with 32-35 students). It makes all the difference having somewhere you feel at home and know is taking an interest in your child as an individual. Definitely recommend this one to you :)
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 00:44
We decided to go for DBS-JP for my kids. I'm expecting it will be a brand new school with all the good and bad that comes along with that, but the planned facilities seem excellent. A nice thing for me is that we'll have just moved to Dubai and it seems nice to start at a place where everyone else will be also new! Fingers crossed they don't have any trouble getting their permits to open...
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 20:54
Thanks Silvstet. We do live in the area & the kids go to another school in the vicinity. Anyone else with any thoughts/experience of DBS?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY