Provence | ExpatWoman.com

Provence

Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 14:20
Just to add - while driving in Italy be very careful - about 2 years ago my daughter who is based in Antibes was driving in northern Italy - she went to the boat shows there for business and was pulled over by someone fully dressed as police man but he was actually an Eastern European criminal! She was driving a very modest small work van with French plates i.e. - was looking poor!. He took all their money,phones and threw the keys into the bushes - which luckily they managed to find. He told them he was being kind to them!! No-one helped them. They went to the Italian police who said it was quite common. She has not gone back since!
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 10:42
Me and hubby are planning to drive through France to Italy in September. Can anyone recommend charming small hotel or good quality B&B in Provence region with good views for one or two nights? Be very sure to book your place to stay in advance. This area and Cote d'Azur has surprisingly few places one can just "drop in" to stay the night. I have had that experience twice - once driving to Antibes from Geneva and again London to south of France. We ended up miles out of our way looking for some where to stay!
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 10:18
near Baux de Provence: www.benvengudo.com (friends of me stayed there and we visited them there for lunch, lovely!) near Mont Ventoux: http://www.villa-noria.com/ (we stayed here ourselves for 2 nights, really great and the owner is a chef, he makes the best food for a very very reasonable price)
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 20:45
Can highly recommend Les Hospitaliers in the Drome, stunning setting and amazing food: http://www.hotel-les-hospitaliers.com/en
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 17:27
Have a look at Airbnb Homeaway Or frenchconnections
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 14:59
Me and hubby are planning to drive through France to Italy in September. Can anyone recommend charming small hotel or good quality B&B in Provence region with good views for one or two nights?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY