Good cattery in Dubai? | ExpatWoman.com

Good cattery in Dubai?

Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 20:21
Thanks for all your replies! I'm going to check out all three, I'm just a bit concerned if there are dogs present as well at the kennel? My cats are petrified of dogs umfortunately and the last time they were at a mixed cattery/ kennel they were very distressed... If there's one in Al Barsha that would be perfect as we will stay in Novotel Al Barsha. There are a lot of things to think about. Thanks again!
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 17:05
We've used all three Catteries mentioned above (DKC, Posh Paws & Churchwoods) and have to say DKC wins our vote by a mile. Both of my cats came home distressed after staying at Posh Paws (on several occasions, not just once), and it does take about 40 mins to get there. The kennels & cattery are merely a money maker for the (amazing) animal rescue work the owner does. I personally found Churchwoods miserable & depressing and found the owner kind of disinterested in the cats. I think DKC is a bit more expensive than others but the staff do seem to genuinely care and take an interest in the pets staying with them. You are getting me worried. I have a dog that I booked into Posh Paws and already paid a non refundable deposit after our usual kennel was fully booked. Has anyone visited the actual site where they have the kennel? I ordered transport for my dog, so will not see how he will sleep etc. Sorry I haven't see the kennels as the cattery is at a separate location and as I've said the last three times we've used them ours have been fine. I do have a friend who uses the kennels regularly and she has never reported any issues.
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 16:51
We've used all three Catteries mentioned above (DKC, Posh Paws & Churchwoods) and have to say DKC wins our vote by a mile. Both of my cats came home distressed after staying at Posh Paws (on several occasions, not just once), and it does take about 40 mins to get there. The kennels & cattery are merely a money maker for the (amazing) animal rescue work the owner does. I personally found Churchwoods miserable & depressing and found the owner kind of disinterested in the cats. I think DKC is a bit more expensive than others but the staff do seem to genuinely care and take an interest in the pets staying with them.
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 13:06
I've been using Churchwood's Cat Hotel in Al Barsha for the past 6 years for my moggies. Wouldn't go anywhere else!! Spotlessly clean, only cats (no dogs) English owned who's onsite 24 hours, there are many enclosures with their own cat flaps so they can go outside when they want.... I looked round most of the kennels in Dubai and most are pretty dismal.......defintetly have a look round them before you board your kitties...good luck with your move!
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 09:26
Oh, that's good to know. Thanks for the tip, GE. I might go over and take a look. DKC are fab and know the idiosynchronicities of my puss by now, so we'll probably stay with them, but he does like a quiet environment . . . Cheers, NL
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 09:02
If DKC can't fit you in try Posh Paws. Our two go there regularly while we're away and always come back chilled. We've tried both and nothing against DKC, who are great as they did all our relocation, but PoshPaws is a lot quieter.
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 08:57
Try writing or discussing with Dubai Kennels and Cattery (DKC). My selectively-social, rescue kitty's experience with them has been fantastic, and the staff are super with all of their furry boarders. See, [url=http://www.dkc.ae'>link[/url'>. If you do a search on the forum, there are others that have been recommended, too. Welcome to Dubai :)
Latest post on 25 May 2015 - 18:33
It looks like we will be put up in a hotel for about a month when we arrive in Dubai this summer and we struggle to find anywhere that will take our two cats. I don't like the thought of putting them in a cattery for that long ( they are very sociable Siamese) but if we have to: can anyone recommend a good cattery? I'm thinking somewhere with lots of space where they can be together and hopefully get lots of cuddles. Thanks!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY