Sidra Medical & Research Centre | ExpatWoman.com

Sidra Medical & Research Centre

Latest post on 16 July 2015 - 03:55
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm wondering if anyone out there connected to this project has any insight? I know the project has been delayed. I am one of those who has been hired and not yet relocated. Just waiting and waiting for the latest instruction. I have no idea if it is even appropriate to discuss here. I would appreciate any communication. Thank you! hi there, good luck with that,last i heard they were already laying off people before the place is even opened!
Latest post on 11 July 2015 - 14:14
I have also informed that, n hold. I don't want to wast my time, I am in the process of new job now. HMC is offering good package. Hope I can move there soon as they are not like sidra even in Qatar. bye:
Latest post on 11 July 2015 - 12:00
I think most people have given up and are looking/have found jobs else where, there is only so much you can put your life and your career on hold for. I also was told that I will hear back in a few weeks, but if it does not happen or the start date is in the distant future, I am sorry to say it is plan B for me. Just wondering how many of us are in this position.
Latest post on 11 July 2015 - 08:13
Here's an update on Sidra and its on the local news: http://dohanews.co/sidras-qatar-staff-told-to-expect-more-delays-before-hospital-opens/ Have any of you that are living in Doha heard anything lately? The last correspondence I had from Sidra was that we would be receiving an update mid July. Thank you for any information, even a link...
Latest post on 18 June 2015 - 11:36
Here's an update on Sidra and its on the local news: http://dohanews.co/sidras-qatar-staff-told-to-expect-more-delays-before-hospital-opens/
Latest post on 15 June 2015 - 08:56
For anyone who has missed out on roles at Sidra due to the recruitment freeze I thought I would just highlight that Hamad Medical Corporation are recruiting heavily (thousands this year). So if you are keen to move to Qatar and looking for a role in healthcare you may want to check out their website: www.healthcarejobs.hamad.qa Or I can pass on CVs to the right person if you want to message me. Just let me know and I will post my email address.
Latest post on 14 June 2015 - 18:26
I 'm not sure I would agree that a 4 week old post is out of date. That poster and a few others within 10 to 14 days previous had all had word either from SIDRA or their recruiter that their hiring was on hold at least until March 2016. Perhaps someone who is in that position has heard something new and can update here. I didn't mean it in that context. Only that I was unable to find out any current information from where I am. I haven't relocated like many others and am waiting to hear news. I see this topic has generated a lot of interest, there must be many people in the same situation. Thank you
Latest post on 13 June 2015 - 14:05
As you say Kama, changes to Kafala may come. It has been a work in progress since 2005 when I arrived. I wouldn't hold my breath.
Latest post on 13 June 2015 - 03:07
The kafala system is in the process of being changed -- however we don't know how long that will take: http://dohanews.co/qatars-advisory-council-reviews-potential-kafala-changes/
Latest post on 03 June 2015 - 12:34
Hope we can get a clear idea about the delay from some one who has already arrived at Sidra.
Latest post on 03 June 2015 - 12:02
newbegging - be aware that if you take up a job here while waiting for SIDRA, that job will have to issue an NOC (No Objection Certificate) for you to be able to take up any other position in Qatar without getting a 2 year ban. This is the Kafala system and it ties employees to an employer whether or not they complete their contracts without problems. The employer must issue the NOC for you to move elsewhere without the 2 year ban. If it's not written into your contract (and, honestly even if it were IMO) you are rolling the dice on this. There is also a new post on the problems with construction on the other thread that indicates the opening may be literally years away
Latest post on 03 June 2015 - 03:08
Kama, Thank you very much for your reply. My main concern was how easy is it to move between organisations in Qatar as i understood you need to be released from your current employer before you can move to a new job. There is a possibility to get a 3 year contract but i felt it was too long and therefore might miss the boat when Sidra does eventually opens. I am hoping to negotiate for 2 year contract instead. The funny thing is my husband only started looking for jobs after i signed my contract with Sidra. We were also lucky to secure school places for our 3 children and really would like to utilise this opportunity.
Latest post on 03 June 2015 - 00:26
Newbegging, i know of one person who is doing exactly that -- he was hired by Sidra and is working for another organization in Qatar whilst waiting for Sidra to open. However, he was already in Qatar when hired. I don't know if that makes a difference... Best of luck -- i can only imagine how hard this wait must be. I obviously don't know your situation or the situation with Sidra, but the projection seems to be that it will be years before it officially opens. It might actually be good to pursue other temporary (or not) options within Qatar if you think that can work out for your and your family.
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 13:18
I dont think there is any new news. I had an automated email last week informing me that i have been assign to new recruiter. Don`t really know what meant as i sign my contract Dec 2014 and was on phase 3 of the of the process. marycatherine could i ask your opinion what is the process of working for another organisation in Qatar while i await Sidra`s opening. My husband also got a position there and while we could afford for me not to work i would not want to be out of clinical practice for that long. I approached Sidra about this and did not receive useful answer. My kids already secured school places too.
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 12:20
Me also informed that, the recruiting has been on hold for a long time and they did not mentioned me how long it will take. I think they might contact us mid of 2016. roomers are coming out that sidra will open in 2017 only, I am doubted about to move sidra in that time as it will again take more than one year. waiting game is started from 2013 and may be until 2017 . its horrible 4 years :angry::cry:
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 07:22
I 'm not sure I would agree that a 4 week old post is out of date. That poster and a few others within 10 to 14 days previous had all had word either from SIDRA or their recruiter that their hiring was on hold at least until March 2016. Perhaps someone who is in that position has heard something new and can update here.
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 19:20
Thank you marycatherine, I read some posts when I first heard of the delay, as you said they are not relevant now. Most recently I have been searching the local papers on line, but nothing. Can you suggest any other blogs or forums where I might find more recent information?
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 08:27
Have you read the previous threads on this topic? They were relevant up to a couple of months ago. SIDRA is several years behind schedule. I know someone in engineering that comes on an as needed basis to review progress on construction. They will be coming again over the next 3 - 9 months.
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 04:52
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm wondering if anyone out there connected to this project has any insight? I know the project has been delayed. I am one of those who has been hired and not yet relocated. Just waiting and waiting for the latest instruction. I have no idea if it is even appropriate to discuss here. I would appreciate any communication. Thank you!