Single Mom and wants to get her kid in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Single Mom and wants to get her kid in Dubai

Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 12:45

a very good friend of mine for almost 3 years has a son which is left under the care of her aunt. She is working here and earning good, however, she wanted her son to be with her obviously so she could guide him properly and also to study here. The problem is she is not married to the father who is in Canada already and married. They also have no communication for more than 4 years now. The child is carrying the father's surname though.

I know Dubai or the UAE rules is not in favor for single parents who had a child out of wedlock (correct me if i am wrong) but is there any humanitarian way to appeal on this?

any legal advice you know or would want to direct me to any law firm on this case?

Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 17:29
Hi, It should not be a problem, only you need to have someone well versed in U.A.E rules and regulations with you when you approach Immigration. I actually have some people that can help you sort it out. Hi khanfousa, i would like to grab your offer of help on this one. How can i contact you? there is no DM here on the forum. :(
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 15:53
I'm sure there has been a thread on here about this recently. One issue is that she will need the fathers permission and if they are not in communication then it may be a problem.
Latest post on 26 May 2015 - 14:50
It shouldn't be a problem, it's generally a problem getting pregnant and giving birth here out of wedlock only. I know single mums here. Hopefully someone will know the procedures. Good luck to your friend! Thank you silvstet. I accompanied my friend directly to the immigration last week to inquire and they are not helpful at all. They required married couples only....and shut us out at once. This is the reason I sort of ask on this forum, hoping that any single mom or who knows one who is able to have her child/children with her here in Dubai without complications.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY