where does can I get a good onion bhaji? | ExpatWoman.com

where does can I get a good onion bhaji?

Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 08:33

Hi, where can I get a good onion bhaji? You know like the ones you get back in the UK on brick lane, served with mint yogurt....craving it so bad...

Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 16:59
You mean the ones the size of cricket balls? :biggrin: I don't know if you can dine in but we've had them delivered from 7 Spice London in Media City. Their food's not cheap but it's the closest thing to a Brindian I can find. I loved Brick Lane in Barsha but we now live too far out for them to deliver. Their bhajis were a bit pants to be honest anyway. The ones from the cafe on Staniforth Road in Sheffield are the Best!! ;) Masterchef? Never been but my dad says they're gorgeous! We used to get our curry fix from a lovely takeaway in Kimberworth (yep, we moved across to Toytown ;)) Lots of dishes for around £10. Now we have to spend the best part of 120dhs. It's really annoying how British style curry houses here rip you off. I know authentic Indian restaurants are a lot cheaper but they're not the same when you're craving a tikka masala :biggrin: Yes Masterchef is the one, the best onion bhaji's in Sheffield, also do amazing sandwiches. Always on the to do list when back home :) Have you tried Akbars on Meadowbank Road, very good curries and naan bread as big as bed sheets!! I've been to Akbars quite a few times! It's just a 5 minute drive from our house. Lovely place and yeah, the naans are massive :biggrin:
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 15:57
You mean the ones the size of cricket balls? :biggrin: I don't know if you can dine in but we've had them delivered from 7 Spice London in Media City. Their food's not cheap but it's the closest thing to a Brindian I can find. I loved Brick Lane in Barsha but we now live too far out for them to deliver. Their bhajis were a bit pants to be honest anyway. The ones from the cafe on Staniforth Road in Sheffield are the Best!! ;) Masterchef? Never been but my dad says they're gorgeous! We used to get our curry fix from a lovely takeaway in Kimberworth (yep, we moved across to Toytown ;)) Lots of dishes for around £10. Now we have to spend the best part of 120dhs. It's really annoying how British style curry houses here rip you off. I know authentic Indian restaurants are a lot cheaper but they're not the same when you're craving a tikka masala :biggrin: Yes Masterchef is the one, the best onion bhaji's in Sheffield, also do amazing sandwiches. Always on the to do list when back home :) Have you tried Akbars on Meadowbank Road, very good curries and naan bread as big as bed sheets!!
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 13:01
Brit Balti Brick Lane
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 11:01
Dear Ladies, Please post anything food related on the Foodie Forum section. Thank you! Warm regards, EW Admin Ooops, sorry! No one checks the Foodie Forum and it's not like the main board is overflowing with threads!!!
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 10:58
Dear Ladies, Please post anything food related on the Foodie Forum section. Thank you! Warm regards, EW Admin Ooops, sorry!
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 10:57
You mean the ones the size of cricket balls? :biggrin: I don't know if you can dine in but we've had them delivered from 7 Spice London in Media City. Their food's not cheap but it's the closest thing to a Brindian I can find. I loved Brick Lane in Barsha but we now live too far out for them to deliver. Their bhajis were a bit pants to be honest anyway. The ones from the cafe on Staniforth Road in Sheffield are the Best!! ;) Masterchef? Never been but my dad says they're gorgeous! We used to get our curry fix from a lovely takeaway in Kimberworth (yep, we moved across to Toytown ;)) Lots of dishes for around £10. Now we have to spend the best part of 120dhs. It's really annoying how British style curry houses here rip you off. I know authentic Indian restaurants are a lot cheaper but they're not the same when you're craving a tikka masala :biggrin:
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 10:42
Dear Ladies, Please post anything food related on the Foodie Forum section. Thank you! Warm regards, EW Admin
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 10:18
You mean the ones the size of cricket balls? :biggrin: I don't know if you can dine in but we've had them delivered from 7 Spice London in Media City. Their food's not cheap but it's the closest thing to a Brindian I can find. I loved Brick Lane in Barsha but we now live too far out for them to deliver. Their bhajis were a bit pants to be honest anyway. The ones from the cafe on Staniforth Road in Sheffield are the Best!! ;)
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 10:01
Love Brick Lane!.... But on moving to Al Barsha, we have found a cracking Brit Indian.... Hungry Tiger.... Proper poppadoms ( Not the kind that stick to your teeth!), and onion bhajis to die for.... Chutney, yoghurt and even lime pickle. They deliver too.
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 09:32
You mean the ones the size of cricket balls? :biggrin: I don't know if you can dine in but we've had them delivered from 7 Spice London in Media City. Their food's not cheap but it's the closest thing to a Brindian I can find. I loved Brick Lane in Barsha but we now live too far out for them to deliver. Their bhajis were a bit pants to be honest anyway.
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 08:41
it will be available in every single cafeteria from the start of ramadan... *sighhh but if you want it like for now just head straight to Meena Bazaar in Bur Dubai and most of the street cafeterias there serve them

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY