expired residency visa but not cancelled... | ExpatWoman.com

expired residency visa but not cancelled...

Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 10:27

Hi,
I have a question regarding expired visa.
Let's say your visa expired in Jan, you left the country without cancelling it,
can you enter Emirates after 4 months again? or will you face some difficulties...?
It was under husband"s sponsorship. husband managed to cancel his and left, but she was out of the country already when it happened..
TIA

Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 21:14
You absolutely will have problems. You will somehow need to get your visa to be officially cancelled in the system - so passport will need to get to a PRO or someone to bring the passport in the country to get it cancelled without you I imagine. I wasn't allowed to leave (expired visa not cancelled) until it was officially cancelled by the ministry of labour.
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 19:27
I found this online. http://www.visaprocess.ae/details.php?page=out_of_country--it may help.
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 17:41
Hi, I have a question regarding expired visa. Let's say your visa expired in Jan, you left the country without cancelling it, can you enter Emirates after 4 months again? or will you face some difficulties...? It was under husband"s sponsorship. husband managed to cancel his and left, but she was out of the country already when it happened.. TIA Husband can't cancel his without cancelling his dependents - so chances are it is actually cancelled. You can call Immigration and give the passport/visa number to check.
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 17:40
If you stay out of the UAE for more than 6 months, your visa expires automatically. This is not correct. It may not be valid any more but you will have problems re-entering next time you enter. The best thing to do is to courier your passport to UAE and have it cancelled properly to ensure no entry problems next time.
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 15:20
If you stay out of the UAE for more than 6 months, your visa expires automatically.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY