Bobs Fish & Chips - What sustainable fish option to order please? | ExpatWoman.com

Bobs Fish & Chips - What sustainable fish option to order please?

Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 14:24

TIA

Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 17:49
Hammour is on the UAE's list of endangered fish.. http://www.thenational.ae/uae/environment/rating-system-for-hotels-aims-to-protect-endangered-fish
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 17:19
Mmmmm, mushy peas (and curry sauce!) Haven't been home for ages and won't be for a few years :( Rock n Sole Plaice at DIP isn't a bad chippy but they don't do proper fishcakes either ie not them rissole malarkeys. I hate mushy peas YUK Rock and Sole used to be good on Al Wasl but I don't think they can ever get the chips right here and their curry sauce was awful I make my own curry sauce with Jamie Olivers recipe and it tastes just like the chippy one at home How can you hate mushy peas ;) Coming from a seaside town with one of the best fish and chip shops ever, we've tried all over Dubai and nothing is ever the same twice. Hence cook my own :) Whitby especially :) Colmans of South Shields :biggrin:
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 17:16
Mmmmm, mushy peas (and curry sauce!) Haven't been home for ages and won't be for a few years :( Rock n Sole Plaice at DIP isn't a bad chippy but they don't do proper fishcakes either ie not them rissole malarkeys. I hate mushy peas YUK Rock and Sole used to be good on Al Wasl but I don't think they can ever get the chips right here and their curry sauce was awful I make my own curry sauce with Jamie Olivers recipe and it tastes just like the chippy one at home How can you hate mushy peas ;) Coming from a seaside town with one of the best fish and chip shops ever, we've tried all over Dubai and nothing is ever the same twice. Hence cook my own :) Whitby especially :)
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 17:14
Mmmmm, mushy peas (and curry sauce!) Haven't been home for ages and won't be for a few years :( Rock n Sole Plaice at DIP isn't a bad chippy but they don't do proper fishcakes either ie not them rissole malarkeys. I hate mushy peas YUK Rock and Sole used to be good on Al Wasl but I don't think they can ever get the chips right here and their curry sauce was awful I make my own curry sauce with Jamie Olivers recipe and it tastes just like the chippy one at home Giveover, mushy peas with gravy, gorgeous! :biggrin: Too lazy to make my own curry sauce. Bisto's version will do for now lol
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 17:13
Mmmmm, mushy peas (and curry sauce!) Haven't been home for ages and won't be for a few years :( Rock n Sole Plaice at DIP isn't a bad chippy but they don't do proper fishcakes either ie not them rissole malarkeys. I hate mushy peas YUK Rock and Sole used to be good on Al Wasl but I don't think they can ever get the chips right here and their curry sauce was awful I make my own curry sauce with Jamie Olivers recipe and it tastes just like the chippy one at home How can you hate mushy peas ;) Coming from a seaside town with one of the best fish and chip shops ever, we've tried all over Dubai and nothing is ever the same twice. Hence cook my own :)
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 17:09
Mmmmm, mushy peas (and curry sauce!) Haven't been home for ages and won't be for a few years :( Rock n Sole Plaice at DIP isn't a bad chippy but they don't do proper fishcakes either ie not them rissole malarkeys. I hate mushy peas YUK Rock and Sole used to be good on Al Wasl but I don't think they can ever get the chips right here and their curry sauce was awful I make my own curry sauce with Jamie Olivers recipe and it tastes just like the chippy one at home
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 17:07
Mmmmm, mushy peas (and curry sauce!) Haven't been home for ages and won't be for a few years :( Rock n Sole Plaice at DIP isn't a bad chippy but they don't do proper fishcakes either ie not them rissole malarkeys.
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 16:51
More miss than hit :( I've decided to just buy Youngs frozen fish, make my own chips and a tin of Batchelors Chip Shop Mushy Peas :)
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 16:42
Sorry to hijack but I've just been on their website and seen that they're now doing risotto. Risotto?!!! Mind you, when they sell scraps as a starter and charge 5dhs for em who knows what's next. Deep fried Foie Gras? They can be hit and miss. I have had some great fish and chips from them and then some awful chewy fatty fish if that makes sense I am off home next week and first stop is the chippy!!!
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 16:24
Sorry to hijack but I've just been on their website and seen that they're now doing risotto. Risotto?!!! Mind you, when they sell scraps as a starter and charge 5dhs for em who knows what's next. Deep fried Foie Gras?
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 15:38
TIA They only have the fish below, however you would have to find out where they get it from and is the fishery sustainable? which may be a pain Cod Hammour Hake Cod

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY