spray or brush paint cupboard doors/cabinets etc? | ExpatWoman.com

spray or brush paint cupboard doors/cabinets etc?

Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 18:36

Hi ladies - I'm planning on repainting my dresser/bedside table/cupboards - they are all a dark wood now and i want to paint them white - whats best? brush or spray paint? I've had 2 different painters suggest different things - not sure which to trust?

Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 20:06
I have just painted a bookcase and I used a spray from ACE - the finish is excellent. I have previously painted a wooden unit using a paintbrush andI must say that the finish from the spray was MUCH better. The spray paint I got was a 2 in 1 - Paint plus Primer so there was no need to separately prime. It was really easy and dried very quickly too. The other good thing was that the unit didn't have a strong paint smell afterwards whereas when I brush painted before the smell of paint was so strong and lasted for weeks. Good luck!
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 18:45
thanks couch potato - this is actually for my bedroom frniture so i think best to paint?
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 18:41
You can buy rolls of sticky plastic and cut it to the right size, I think you get it in Ace and C4, I asked about it on here before. It looks good if you can get it on without bubbles! We ended up not doing it as the white colour was too white but if that was ok for you (or you can find somewhere that does different colours of it!) then it's such a good affordable way to change your whole kitchen. It would only cost you about 500 AED for a whole kitchen Though if you are talking about actual wood rather than laminate then this may not be best.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY