Shop & Ship | ExpatWoman.com

Shop & Ship

Latest post on 29 May 2015 - 20:24
Shop and ship currently has a promotion on membership. Just signed up for USD 10 instead of USD 45.
Latest post on 29 May 2015 - 08:19
Just a small comment. I went to sign up for Shop and Ship a week or so ago and when I got to the bit where they asked for 45 dollars, or whatever it was, to join I thought no way and just left the page. About 5 days later I got an email offering to join for 5 dollars.... glad I waited!!
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 23:05
Have you got a makani number yet? You could just use that and they will deliver to your door. Otherwise, just give Aramex your area, building name and apartment number. They should be able to deliver anywhere in Dubai and if they're not sure, they will call you to verify the location. I doubt they can deliver to a PO Box because you have to sign for the delivery. No Makani number yet :(
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 20:01
Have you got a makani number yet? You could just use that and they will deliver to your door. Otherwise, just give Aramex your area, building name and apartment number. They should be able to deliver anywhere in Dubai and if they're not sure, they will call you to verify the location. I doubt they can deliver to a PO Box because you have to sign for the delivery.
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 18:16
Thanks ladies, this has been most helpful. I assume that to ship to my home address I'll be needing a PO box (my building doesn't have anything set up)?
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 17:22
Yes, unfortunately that's one downside of Shop & Ship. I asked and they said they didn't consolidate shipments. Most of the stuff I have ordered in the past was less than 0.5 kg in weight so I usually pay only Dhs 43 for the courier fee. Thanks for the tip re borderlinx. I'll check it out!
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 15:52
Ive stopped using Shop and Ship they were becoming super slow. I use Borderlinx which is free to sign up and they consolidate shipments, and are cheaper. www.borderlinx.com EW admin this is not a promo post please dont delete like you usually do My clothes take 5-6 days door to door. That is quicker than the regular post from Dubai to Dubai :biggrin:
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 15:34
Ive stopped using Shop and Ship they were becoming super slow. I use Borderlinx which is free to sign up and they consolidate shipments, and are cheaper. www.borderlinx.com EW admin this is not a promo post please dont delete like you usually do
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 15:31
Mine come directly to my office. I tend to buy several items from one retailer then they all come together Aramex just put them in an Aramex bag. ( I.E my river island stuff comes in a river island bag inside the aramex bag) I hope this makes sense
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 14:40
Eeeek!! Thanks yellowledbetter - something to look forward to I guess....... :-(
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 14:39
Hey Rawla, I've just signed up for Shop & Ship and have ordered a few pieces of clothing from USA - wondering what happens when all of the items have arrived at the US address? Do they repack them or just send to Dubai as is? Am a bit worried as the website I ordered from is sending the items out separately - so guessing there will be 4 boxes with 4 small T shirts in!! I know through bitter experience that they will all be sent to you separately, so not only do you have to pay for each package individually, but you have to be around for the courier each time. I only made that mistake once!
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 14:32
Hey Rawla, I've just signed up for Shop & Ship and have ordered a few pieces of clothing from USA - wondering what happens when all of the items have arrived at the US address? Do they repack them or just send to Dubai as is? Am a bit worried as the website I ordered from is sending the items out separately - so guessing there will be 4 boxes with 4 small T shirts in!!
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 10:41
If you're asking about the Aramex Shop & Ship, they will deliver to any address that you specify. All of my items arrive at my home address, usually only 2-3 days after the leave the US or UK. I really like the service! Whoever came up with the idea, is a genius :) I now use Shop & Ship even where international delivery is available simply because of the convenience. Most shops will only send goods via post (not courier) so previously, I would have to trek down to the main post office in Karama, go through customs. etc. etc. to collect stuff. Aramex does the customs clearance for you and delivers to your front door.
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 10:20
Thinking of signing up to this, but how does it work when the items arrive in Dubai - are they sent to a central facility where they are collected (like a warehouse/post office equivalent) or shipped directly to your home address (would you need a PO box?). TIA I use my work address but I have heard that they will deliver to home address too. Ask the oracle SarahLou :biggrin:
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 10:16
Thinking of signing up to this, but how does it work when the items arrive in Dubai - are they sent to a central facility where they are collected (like a warehouse/post office equivalent) or shipped directly to your home address (would you need a PO box?). TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY