PYP | ExpatWoman.com

PYP

Latest post on 29 June 2015 - 04:12
Great to hear that! Thank you,, I have checked also Universal they are doing PYP using their US curriculum …
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 11:23
http://www.ibo.org/en/programmes/primary-years-programme/
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 11:18
I don't think there is a standard curriculum for PYP, at my son's school the curriculum itself is British but they follow the PYP concept in teaching and it is an IB/PYP licensed school . There is something called the IB learner profile, it is a studying frame work not a curriculum. It is a holistic approach to teaching, students are assessed based on their overall development not only on their academic achievements. My son is a high achiever in academics but he had some social challenges, during this year his teachers were working on his social development, as he is advanced academically he is given school work based on his academic level and he doesn't follow what his peers cover in class as it is basic to him. His school offer IGCSEs in addition to IB in high school and the student chooses between the two. In primary & secondary they all study the same based on the PYP and MYP framework of teaching. As for teachers there is no dominant nationality at their school, last year his teacher was British this year his teacher is American. They all go through training and they have to attend PYP/ IB workshops
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 11:11
I would love to know more about PYP program and what they are giving for example in the first Grad. Is it more like british or US or Montessori … I was looking at Uptown and it seems majority of the teachers are British! PYP is part of the IB system, which would be more like a US primary system. British teachers who are IB trained.
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 10:47
I think there is an article on Which School Advisor that compares them. I could be wrong it was a little while I go that I read it. My understanding is that PYP is good but MYP (which comes after it in middle school) is weak. Then comes IB diploma which is very good academically.
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 10:39
I would love to know more about PYP program and what they are giving for example in the first Grad. Is it more like british or US or Montessori … I was looking at Uptown and it seems majority of the teachers are British!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY