Can anyone please clarify?........... | ExpatWoman.com

Can anyone please clarify?...........

Latest post on 31 May 2015 - 17:12
Oh that feeling, the one of dread logging in while feeling round your head and as you gasp with delight to find it's still on your neck Now no longer you must pace, wring your hands and frett Captain, I wonder who you were before in that time of yuletide, those days of yore perhaps you could share a clue of your name while we think back and ponder the same (I feel my prose is not in the same class when i haven't got Gordons in my glass)
Latest post on 31 May 2015 - 08:58
I remember the night So still and so festive Minding my own business With a sherry and a digestive The mods were all busy Singing carols round the tree Our posts started rhyming We were suddenly free We weren't being naughty Or deliberately bad But when we got axed We were unbelievably sad Emails were written Begging for a reprieve The mods were feeling charitable They chose to believe.
Latest post on 31 May 2015 - 08:25
OOOOOOOOOOo CP ... how lovely... please do tell where you usually groove thus So that I can log in and join your fan club ... ;)
Latest post on 29 May 2015 - 10:24
i don't think it's a reprieve, I think the Mods are at Brunch they like their Friday tipple (that's just my hunch) Once back, they'll be merry - so maybe tomorrow? is when we'll look back on this day with sorrow the day we threw caution to the wind I suppose and wrote each line with well thought out prose do they not know the time taken to think up each line? how hard it is for us to write normal posts in rhyme? can't they consider how it makes our brains sore before they chop and change threads galore that dreaded screen "posting is only for authenticated users" really makes us feel like losers must get on now with some Friday chores if it's my last post, dear EW, signing off, truly yours xx
Latest post on 29 May 2015 - 10:19
Brilliant CP! :win: and very well said I feel though tomorrow we may all be dead I woke up this morning in much trepidation fearing perhaps I had gone to damnation but logging in now with comparative ease I wondered if maybe we've been given reprieve and would now be allowed the odd bit of rhyme but truth will be told in a matter of time
Latest post on 29 May 2015 - 10:03
Dear OP, you are correct in your thought that to write in rhyme you really must not the reasons why are very unclear though it began one night when christmas was near it was 2009, when on the Eve of Yuletide on EW there was merriness, mulled wine on the side when suddenly with no warning (well only a few) the dreaded axe fell and slayed EW with posters disappearing like thieves in the night Before Santa had even seen the tree lights Many, many lost their heads about 20 of them, no more alive, but dead! Locked out of EW on Christmas Morn it was a travesty of legend, this EW thorn We know not why the Mods hate threads in rhyme but this thing has been going on a long time As soon as a thread has two words that match the poster gets chopped, and that is that Then a new name must be conjoured up from high and the EWer slinks back in on the sly it's an EW legend, this tale of yore but lose your head, yes, you will, I implore you to remember this rule, so odd NEVER, EVER, ODE TO A MOD!
Latest post on 29 May 2015 - 08:51
Its a bit of a mystery and not very clear But nowadays threads that ode disappear Your mention of History is correct Lets hope your ditty has no ill effect There once was time we needed not dread But I better stop now while I still have my head
Latest post on 29 May 2015 - 07:25
Are you really not allowed to write in rhyme? I think something went on before my time.... I realise now that no food should be mentioned As I have seen some resulting tension But can anyone tell me if there's really a rule That means that I am not supposed to end this verse with anything that might possibly make a poem! X:sun:

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY