Help! My 15 year old is here for the summer - what can he do??? | ExpatWoman.com

Help! My 15 year old is here for the summer - what can he do???

Latest post on 01 June 2015 - 18:55
Some of the summer drama camps were offering to pay teenagers to work but I'm not sure which ones.
Latest post on 01 June 2015 - 12:48
Hi! I love the idea of volunteering! I would also recommend an awesome course that is organised by the Growing Leaders Foundation. Its called 'Building Youth Owned Businesses' and is a great way for our kids to start thinking about how they can apply the skills they have or the passion they have as a profession and business! Sallyann who leads the course is extremely inspirational and fun. She works a lot with youth but has also helped me with my business so I HIGHLY recommend her course!
Latest post on 30 May 2015 - 13:24
What about asking if he can be a volunteer to help with running some of the kid's sports summer camps like with Active Sports?
Latest post on 29 May 2015 - 13:20
Maybe he could volunteer to help out at the K9 Friends shelter for a few weeks? I'm sure they would appreciate anyone that is willing to go and assist with the dogs, especially at this time of year. Or any of the rescue groups in fact. You could also contact the Dubai Autism centre or the Noor school for special needs children to see if they take on volunteer - especially helping out with activities. You could also contact the Emirates school for riding for the disabled - I'm sure they'd love to have him help out at the weekends. I hope that helps :)
Latest post on 29 May 2015 - 12:36
Hi ladies, I have my 15 year old son here for 6 weeks in the summer. Typically his friends are away and I don't want him hibernated in his room attached with headphones to some computer screen!! I would love any advice/ideas on how he can spend this time doing something useful. Particularly any ideas regarding volunteer work and most specifically, particular places that might welcome him. Incidentally, he does love animals. I don't think he would find working with special needs kids easy. Any other charity ideas also? We're on the New dubai side of town. Thanks in advance all.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY