JESS or Foremarke? Opinions wanted .... | ExpatWoman.com

JESS or Foremarke? Opinions wanted ....

Latest post on 29 May 2015 - 23:02

My child has been fortunate to get a place for FS 1 at JESS which I know is supposedly the best School in Dubai. But I went to see Foremarke and instantly liked it. Both schools are almost opposites in terms of reputation, teaching styles, appearance and facilities .

I guess I am looking for some real personal opinions on which would be a better choice. Jess is established, non profit with a great reputation but the facilities, classrooms, resources all look so tired and dated. The building looks run down ....
Foremarke is all sparkling and new, with a real focus on discipline and results and pushing the kids etc

Any advice? Please!

Latest post on 12 June 2015 - 22:46
Dont even hesitate and go for JESS...
Latest post on 03 June 2015 - 21:40
My daughter is at JESS (after a couple of years on the waiting list!) and we are delighted with the school. We find the teaching and results excellent. The campus may be old, but is very well maintained (compared to her previous school and to other schools we have been to for activities, sports fixtures etc. which look much newer on the outside but have been quite filthy and decrepit on the inside). Buildings are regularly repainted, carpets and furniture cleaned and/or replaced, and new classroom resources/play equipment/books regularly purchased. Plumbing has been redone, bathrooms refurbished, landscaping undertaken... So don't judge a book by its (old) cover if that's what is putting you off!
Latest post on 03 June 2015 - 18:55
I am an ex Foremarke parent. I strongly advise you to look past the pretty building, cause I would say that would be their strongest asset except for the fact that a big portion of the school is not finished yet ( swimming pool won't even be ready next year). We were promised that the facilities would be finished by the first year and of course that was not the case. They refused to give us our 200000 facility fee back when we pulled our child out of the school. I find that the professionalism of its staff and its management are lacking from our experience. The experience we had was very tormenting on my child that I would not want it for anyone, especially little ones!! Remembering what happened still makes my blood boil!! I wish my child had a place in such an outstanding school as JESS. I strongly recommend that you go by reputation and years of excellence rather than a pretty unfinished building and being sweet talked into it, but in reality, lack of care of our precious ones, and lack of professionalism, knowledge and morale!! PS: I am not a newbie. I just forgot my old username as I have not written on here for a long time. An unfinished school, now where have i heard that previously? I am not sure what you mean? I think she's referring to Foremarke's senior/sister school Repton which opened some years before Formarke but had some difficulties in completing the building on time. Ah seems to be then!
Latest post on 01 June 2015 - 18:12
I am an ex Foremarke parent. I strongly advise you to look past the pretty building, cause I would say that would be their strongest asset except for the fact that a big portion of the school is not finished yet ( swimming pool won't even be ready next year). We were promised that the facilities would be finished by the first year and of course that was not the case. They refused to give us our 200000 facility fee back when we pulled our child out of the school. I find that the professionalism of its staff and its management are lacking from our experience. The experience we had was very tormenting on my child that I would not want it for anyone, especially little ones!! Remembering what happened still makes my blood boil!! I wish my child had a place in such an outstanding school as JESS. I strongly recommend that you go by reputation and years of excellence rather than a pretty unfinished building and being sweet talked into it, but in reality, lack of care of our precious ones, and lack of professionalism, knowledge and morale!! PS: I am not a newbie. I just forgot my old username as I have not written on here for a long time. An unfinished school, now where have i heard that previously? I am not sure what you mean? I think she's referring to Foremarke's senior/sister school Repton which opened some years before Formarke but had some difficulties in completing the building on time.
Latest post on 01 June 2015 - 11:50
natashak18 at Hotmail dot com got it thanks
Latest post on 01 June 2015 - 11:38
natashak18 at Hotmail dot com
Latest post on 01 June 2015 - 09:18
Yes I would love to hear positives about Foremarke and negatives - this is all helping clear my mind and focus on the important factors. And nothing helps as much as hearing from actual parents from these schools. Thank You all and please keep the advice coming because as you all know choosing schools for your child is such a huge decision ..... Can you pop your e-mail address up and I'll message you?
Latest post on 31 May 2015 - 22:01
Yes I would love to hear positives about Foremarke and negatives - this is all helping clear my mind and focus on the important factors. And nothing helps as much as hearing from actual parents from these schools. Thank You all and please keep the advice coming because as you all know choosing schools for your child is such a huge decision .....
Latest post on 31 May 2015 - 12:14
I can give you positive feedback on Foremarke if you still need it. I've never had any dealings with JESS but I've heard lots of positive things about it and as these 2 schools are quite different i'd just go with which one feels right for you.
Latest post on 31 May 2015 - 11:04
I am an ex Foremarke parent. I strongly advise you to look past the pretty building, cause I would say that would be their strongest asset except for the fact that a big portion of the school is not finished yet ( swimming pool won't even be ready next year). We were promised that the facilities would be finished by the first year and of course that was not the case. They refused to give us our 200000 facility fee back when we pulled our child out of the school. I find that the professionalism of its staff and its management are lacking from our experience. The experience we had was very tormenting on my child that I would not want it for anyone, especially little ones!! Remembering what happened still makes my blood boil!! I wish my child had a place in such an outstanding school as JESS. I strongly recommend that you go by reputation and years of excellence rather than a pretty unfinished building and being sweet talked into it, but in reality, lack of care of our precious ones, and lack of professionalism, knowledge and morale!! PS: I am not a newbie. I just forgot my old username as I have not written on here for a long time. An unfinished school, now where have i heard that previously? I am not sure what you mean?
Latest post on 31 May 2015 - 10:28
Do both have guaranteed access to their respective senior schools (JESS AR and Repton)? The child is FS1!!!!!!!!!!!! JESS is a lovely school with a super reputation.
Latest post on 31 May 2015 - 10:26
I am an ex Foremarke parent. I strongly advise you to look past the pretty building, cause I would say that would be their strongest asset except for the fact that a big portion of the school is not finished yet ( swimming pool won't even be ready next year). We were promised that the facilities would be finished by the first year and of course that was not the case. They refused to give us our 200000 facility fee back when we pulled our child out of the school. I find that the professionalism of its staff and its management are lacking from our experience. The experience we had was very tormenting on my child that I would not want it for anyone, especially little ones!! Remembering what happened still makes my blood boil!! I wish my child had a place in such an outstanding school as JESS. I strongly recommend that you go by reputation and years of excellence rather than a pretty unfinished building and being sweet talked into it, but in reality, lack of care of our precious ones, and lack of professionalism, knowledge and morale!! PS: I am not a newbie. I just forgot my old username as I have not written on here for a long time. An unfinished school, now where have i heard that previously?
Latest post on 31 May 2015 - 09:35
JESS is an absolutely amazing school. Great teachers, great facilities, great reputation and not for profit. I've trying for years to get my daughter in without any luck. Honestly, Foremarke doesn't come close. If you get offered a place at JESS, you take it!
Latest post on 30 May 2015 - 22:29
I am an ex Foremarke parent. I strongly advise you to look past the pretty building, cause I would say that would be their strongest asset except for the fact that a big portion of the school is not finished yet ( swimming pool won't even be ready next year). We were promised that the facilities would be finished by the first year and of course that was not the case. They refused to give us our 200000 facility fee back when we pulled our child out of the school. I find that the professionalism of its staff and its management are lacking from our experience. The experience we had was very tormenting on my child that I would not want it for anyone, especially little ones!! Remembering what happened still makes my blood boil!! I wish my child had a place in such an outstanding school as JESS. I strongly recommend that you go by reputation and years of excellence rather than a pretty unfinished building and being sweet talked into it, but in reality, lack of care of our precious ones, and lack of professionalism, knowledge and morale!! PS: I am not a newbie. I just forgot my old username as I have not written on here for a long time.
Latest post on 30 May 2015 - 13:18
Do both have guaranteed access to their respective senior schools (JESS AR and Repton)?
Latest post on 30 May 2015 - 09:03
My child has been fortunate to get a place for FS 1 at JESS which I know is supposedly the best School in Dubai. But I went to see Foremarke and instantly liked it. Both schools are almost opposites in terms of reputation, teaching styles, appearance and facilities . I guess I am looking for some real personal opinions on which would be a better choice. Jess is established, non profit with a great reputation but the facilities, classrooms, resources all look so tired and dated. The building looks run down .... Foremarke is all sparkling and new, with a real focus on discipline and results and pushing the kids etc Any advice? Please! Foremarke isn't as well established with sports and after school activities, and as a smaller school, probably won't have as many options. And it costs more. But if those things don't bother you, then I'd choose Foremarke.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY