Do I need a new e-gate | ExpatWoman.com

Do I need a new e-gate

Latest post on 30 May 2015 - 11:40

If my sponsor has changed or can they just update my card?

It has expired.

TIA x

Latest post on 02 June 2015 - 09:00
Thanks for reminding me of that, I had completely forgotten. We very rarely use the other Terminals.
Latest post on 02 June 2015 - 07:11
Are you saying I can use a British passport chip at the Dubai e-gate? Yes but you need to register it the first time you go through. We did it the other week on the way in. Fingers crossed it will work ok next time. Ah I think ( just remembered) that just works at T3
Latest post on 01 June 2015 - 22:03
Are you saying I can use a British passport chip at the Dubai e-gate? Yes but you need to register it the first time you go through. We did it the other week on the way in. Fingers crossed it will work ok next time.
Latest post on 01 June 2015 - 21:53
Are you saying I can use a British passport chip at the Dubai e-gate?
Latest post on 31 May 2015 - 11:21
I know you can exit the airport by using your passport at the e gates as long as it has a chip in it but can you enter the airport by using it?
Latest post on 30 May 2015 - 21:54
If you have one of the new smart eligible passports why not just register that. No cost and no expiry until your passport expires.
Latest post on 30 May 2015 - 21:43
My sponsor changed recently also. I had E-Gate on my Emirates Skywards card and it stopped working. I went to Dnata and they updated it in their system based on the new residence visa and now it is working again. The expiry date is the same as before my sponsor changed. No new card required. If they can do it for the Skywards card I don't see why they can't do it for an E-Gate card.
Latest post on 30 May 2015 - 14:10
Mine expired recently, no sponsor change, but they issued a new one anyway. So I believe there's no such thing as "renewing". They'll just give you a new card and charge you accordingly.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY