Anybody living in Palm "OCEANA"? | ExpatWoman.com

Anybody living in Palm "OCEANA"?

Latest post on 02 June 2015 - 03:55

We are about to rent a 2 beds in Oceana coming with only one parking!
Anybody knows where to park the 2nd car?

Appriciate your feedbacks.

Latest post on 02 June 2015 - 15:36
The parking situation is the same for most apartments unfortunately. However, I seriously think you should reconsider your choice. The traffic and commute will be so tough on your kids. Oceana used to be really popular but as you see from the thread above, it has some issues these days. There are plenty of nice apartment buildings in more central locations in Dubai with pools etc. which wont be so far from school. You could even try to get into a villa with community pool and park etc so your kids will meet lots of other kids (depending on budget of course). Being on the Palm just adds that bit of extra time to an already long journey. You don't need to live in Academic City but you could choose somewhere that's 20 minutes from school instead of 1 hour. (In the traffic if could be that long!) Good luck!
Latest post on 02 June 2015 - 15:27
Most 2 bed apartments in new Dubai (Palm, Marina, JBR, JLT, etc) only include 1 parking space. It's standard practice to rent a second if you require it.
Latest post on 02 June 2015 - 15:11
Hi Wind777, You are still going for Oceana then despite feedback on your other thread regarding the location versus school? Hi VictoriaM, There is not much happening around Academic city where the school is! My husband & daughter like to live in Oceana to be next to the beach, big pool etc... Even not so close to school! It doesn't seem to be working and We are frustrated :( problem is the 2nd parking!! Apartment found (2beds), fit's in our housing allowence + agency found sb who rents a parking separately (still fit in budget). now, agency sAus the landlord doesn't want to include this 2nd parking in the contract (this way I dont have to pay 12000 dh of parking rent from my pocket and It goes to company) From the other hand, my husband co doesn't want to sign 2 contracts (one for apart and other for this additional parking)!! So we are in the air!! I never thought the parking goes first & more important than the apart itself in Dubai!!! I dont know if all couples living in 2 beds in Oceana having 2 parkings are renting one or there are ways not to do so?
Latest post on 02 June 2015 - 13:59
Hi Wind777, You are still going for Oceana then despite feedback on your other thread regarding the location versus school?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY