Part time office work | ExpatWoman.com

Part time office work

Latest post on 03 June 2015 - 16:12

Hi all!
I just wondered if anyone has had any experience with finding part time office/admin work over here, or got any job agency recommendations please?
I am currently here being sponsored on my husbands visa and am keen to find something for 2/3 days a week but not sure if that's possible for me here?
Many thanks!

Caroline

Latest post on 10 June 2015 - 02:13
Hi all. I'm new here and possibly moving to Abu Dhabi on 6th July. My husband and I can't decide whether to come or not! We really want to, but with what salary he's being offered and the rent we would have to pay (his employer pays some, but not all of it); IF I don't get a job it would be tight with the prices we've looked at and budgeted. I've been applying for jobs on Dubizzle but have heard nothing back yet (granted I only started on Sunday!) So thanks for your help :)
Latest post on 04 June 2015 - 08:10
Please let me know if you have any joy.i am in the same boat and have had no luck whatsoever!
Latest post on 03 June 2015 - 17:32
Hi Caroline It's very possible but the following will help 1. Companies that want this sort of employee often want them all year round and not just when schools are on (unless it is in a school/uni etc) - so think about that and see if it will suit you to work all year round taking the same hols as your DH 2. Jobs like this are often also not advertised but are found by word of mouth - so make sure and tell as many people as possible what you are looking for, especially people that run small businesses themselves or have employees leave for the summer etc. 3. Sometimes a company may not know they want to employ you on a 3 day a week basis until you suggest it to them ;) i.e. if you hear about a great job that would suit you and know that you could do the job by doing it 3 days a week in the office and maybe a day or two at home - suggest it. Sell the benefits of it to the company and you may be surprised at the outcome. Offer to work a reduced salary for the benefit of part time work. Good luck!
Latest post on 03 June 2015 - 16:47
Hi all! I just wondered if anyone has had any experience with finding part time office/admin work over here, or got any job agency recommendations please? I am currently here being sponsored on my husbands visa and am keen to find something for 2/3 days a week but not sure if that's possible for me here? Many thanks! Caroline They do exist but are very far and few between I have maybe worked on two in nine years. Most companies want full time staff and they can employ certain nationals full time for the price of a Western national part timer. Now is also not the best time of year to be looking as many companies are slowing down due Ramadan and the Summer holidays approaching. You may get some short term temporary work however temps are not paid very well at all ( Usually AED30-40) per hour. I believe the schools do part time roles however everyone wants them so hundreds will apply There also is a jobs board on here to look at Good Luck!