How do I find a live in maid? | ExpatWoman.com

How do I find a live in maid?

Latest post on 09 June 2015 - 09:15

Hello! We are an American family moving to Doha from Dubai. How do I go about looking for a full time live in housemaid? Is there a particular website I should search? Many thanks!

Latest post on 22 June 2015 - 10:06
There's also a facebook group 'maids in Qatar' (or similar). There is no shortage of Filipina maids at the moment - the situation has changed dramatically in the last year. However, there's always a shortage of people with extensive experience! As there are so many people leaving this year it is one of the easier times to find a new maid but that applies to now not in September. Generally in September there are a lot of people looking and not so many maids available. A lot of the maids currently searching are facing being sent home if they can't find an alternative employer sadly and the families themselves are having to leave in the next month or so. Be aware that you can't hire a maid until you have your RPs (the family RPs not just the husband's RP (assuming he's the main sponsor)). There are now restrictions on hiring Indonesians (I don't know the detail but it will be similar to the UAE). No restrictions on hiring Filipina's in country but if they have to be sent home to come back (for example because the current sponsor is leaving end June and you won't be able to sponsor until September) you'll need to bring back in through an agency and that's somewhere around QAR 15-20k
Latest post on 21 June 2015 - 19:43
You can find good maids on 2 websites. They are qatarmaids and qatarmaidservice. Of course, you'll need to sort through to find exactly what you need from the many maids advertised there. All The best!
Latest post on 10 June 2015 - 07:49
In the past, we were successful placing ads in the classifieds here and also on Qatar Living --- BUT through Qatar Living you'll get a lot of people applying who might not fit what you have posted, and you need patience to try to weed through those. Word of mouth is definitely best, but it's hard when you first move here and don't know many people. You can also go through an agency...
Latest post on 09 June 2015 - 13:35
Hello! We are an American family moving to Doha from Dubai. How do I go about looking for a full time live in housemaid? Is there a particular website I should search? Many thanks! Hello, Its hard to find one when you just arrive. Best bet is word of mouth or to find a family leaving. I know of an existing maid who babysits form me has been here for 3years and very reliable. She is Philipino and they are quite hard to find at the moment. her contract is over soon so she can join a new family. Let me know if you are interested by PM.